“Wonderful surfing instructor in Al (the big Kahuna)”
Review of Maui Wave Riders

Maui Wave Riders
More attraction details
Owner description: MWR is a family owned and operated business dedicated to providing surfing lessons to each student with a fun, safe and unforgettable surf experience. We adapt our style of teaching to the ability of each student. We will go that extra mile to make your surf experience the most memorable highlight of your vacation!
Reviewed March 29, 2013

Al was awesome!! We, (my 2 teenage daughters and 3 friends who were all beginners) had a wonderful time with a magical instructor. Several years ago, after a 2 hour lesson, I was never able to stand up on the board, but Al had me standing on my second attempt and all of us, was riding effectively throughout the lesson. He was amazingly patient and funny and made the lesson very enjoyable. Without question, we will seek Maui Wave Riders and hopefully Al on our next trip

Reviewed March 26, 2013

My husband and son wanted to try surfing, and after reading reviews, we decided on Maui Wave Riders for their lessons. We were not disappointed. They had a semi-private lesson with Andrew, and he was great. Very upbeat and encouraging! After some brief on shore instruction, they were taken out and both got up on the board within their first two waves. They had a blast!! Two hours of surfing fun. The addition of the MWR photographer in the water helped, as he got some fantastic shots of them on the boards, which my little camera couldn't capture. Only slight downside was the odor of the rash guards that were provided, but once they got surfing that odor was put out of their minds!

Reviewed March 24, 2013

My husband & son decided they wanted to learn to surf so we did a quick search online & found Maui Wave Riders had great reviews. Upon arrival to their location they were all up beat & encouraging. Alden taught my son & husband the basics & they were standing up in no time at all! After a while my 17 yr old daughter was envious so Alden came & encouraged her to try too, she loved it as well! I'd have to say, this was one of the highlights of our trip! Thank you to Alden & Maui Wave Riders! Hopefully we'll be back next year!

Reviewed March 23, 2013

Our family took surfing lessons a few days prior to renting boards from Maui Wave Riders later in the vacation. Boards were in okay shape and gear (shoes and rash guards) were also provided. Good price for a full day rental of all equipment needed. Also, assistance offered to carry the boards across the road to the beach.

We enjoyed ourselves for a good four hours and the surfing in the morning from mid-afternoon was just the right excitement level for newbie surfers! For others renting though - make sure you accept the rash guard (shirt) and the shoes because the area is almost 90% shallow coral and rock underfoot. Not fun for falling!

Reviewed March 21, 2013

My husband and I had a semi-private lesson with Sonny the other day and loved it! He got us right into the water after only a few minutes of instruction on land, and had both of us up on the first wave! I should mention that I am not that person that just gets everything perfectly the first time when it comes to sports -- I know how annoying that can be as my husband is that person :) -- but Sonny told us what we needed to know and just got us out there! We each got to ride a ton of waves during our lesson (we felt like we got excellent value for our money in comparison to some of the other lessons out on the water that day), with Sonny giving us pointers and setting us up perfectly for each wave. It was so much fun, Sonny was kind and helpful, overall we highly recommend using these guys!!!