“My nine year old was surfing in a matter of minutes.”
Review of Maui Wave Riders

Maui Wave Riders
More attraction details
Owner description: MWR is a family owned and operated business dedicated to providing surfing lessons to each student with a fun, safe and unforgettable surf experience. We adapt our style of teaching to the ability of each student. We will go that extra mile to make your surf experience the most memorable highlight of your vacation!
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Had a blast surfing with these guys. My nine yr. old and I took a semi-private lesson at a very reasonable price. Our instructor was very attentive and personable and had my son up riding waves very quickly. Definitely one of the best things we did in Maui. I had a blast riding the waves and watching my boy experience a new thing. Thank you to everyone at MWR.

Reviewed March 6, 2013

Had a ball with Maui Waves Riders - took a semi-private lesson with my daughter and it was a blast. Instructor Ben was really encouraging and patient, made it lots of fun. Not easy to learn surfing, there are falls! We started off with a dry land lesson to go over basics which was good. Spent about 1 1/4 hours in the water riding the waves in then paddling back out. With practice/repetition we actually road the waves, very cool. Setting is nice, water is beautiful, not too deep but coral on bottom. The session tired us out but we came away with huge smiles, lots of laughs and memorable time.

1  Thank 55ChrisAH
Reviewed February 26, 2013

Wonderful experience for our 13 year old daughter and her friend. Their instructor Justin was very encouraging, very patient and super nice. The girls had so much fun. They were both thrilled that they not only got up on their individual boards but that Justin showed them how they could both get up on the same board together! A lot of big smiles and laughter. So happy that Maui Wave Riders also made available a professional photographer to capture these magical moments. All around great time. We'll be back!!

1  Thank JML132
Reviewed February 21, 2013

I stood up first time out! We had Todd is was such a great guy! He was a great teacher and a overall genuine guy! Next time we come back we will go to them! There prices are also the best!

1  Thank Michellemoodt
Reviewed February 14, 2013

My husband, GC, took a stand up paddle board lesson that included board rental for the day. The price was very reasonable and the equipment was well fitted. The instructor, Titus, was very professional, patient, encouraging, and friendly. With such excellent instruction, GC had no trouble riding the board! My husband had so much fun learning to paddle and surf that I decided to try it as well the next day! Great decision! While paddling all morning, we saw beautiful reefs, lots of turtles, and a school of manta rays up close! We enjoyed the day immensely. Many thanks to the the delightful management and instructor team at Maui Wave Riders! We HIGHLY recommend this company and Titus as an instructor!

1  Thank JCtravels13