“I've never surfed before!”
Review of Maui Wave Riders

Maui Wave Riders
More attraction details
Owner description: MWR is a family owned and operated business dedicated to providing surfing lessons to each student with a fun, safe and unforgettable surf experience. We adapt our style of teaching to the ability of each student. We will go that extra mile to make your surf experience the most memorable highlight of your vacation!
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Okay my husband and kids had gone surfing already up in Lahaina, so my daughter thought this would be a really fun mother-daughter activity to do just us two. She is a snowboarder and took to surfing - well - like a fish to water (sorry!). She talked me into it and I'm glad for it. I'm almost 50 and my caught a wave (with the instructor's help of course) on my first attempt. Maui Wave Riders is a really well run organization, very friendly, and very knowledgeable. They'll make sure you have a good time! Pre-water instruction was helpful (though half of it forgotten once you;re in the water). The water was warm and shallow so relatively easy to get off and on as needed. the Kihei site is pretty rocky though so the water shoes are a must. Kihei was our instructor and he made the morning all the better. Indeed it was a fun mother-daughter thing to do, but honestly would be fun for any age. Seriously. You get a free board rental with your lesson, so my daughter went back and did some surfing on her own. Yes, she's hooked!

1  Thank aig63
Maui W, Manager at Maui Wave Riders, responded to this reviewResponded January 30, 2013

Thank you for the review! We are happy to hear that you had a great time surfing with Kihe in Kihei! :)

Reviewed January 22, 2013

What a great experience the wonderful Maui Wave Riders staff provided for the two teenage girls we brought to them to learn to surf. They are very fun and relaxed yet professional. Even the photographer was great fun and took lots of photos for the girls to have as mementos of this great experience. Thank you to the wonderful staff at Maui Wave Riders.

Thanks so much for the great review and the compliments. We appreciate it!

Reviewed January 11, 2013

These guys are legit! We had a great experience. My Dad, girlfriend, and I took a lesson this past Wednesday afternoon with Todd in Lahaina. With Todd's instruction we all got up, rode multiple waves and had a blast! I took lessons from another joint at Kaanapali beach the last time I was in Maui and these guys were night and day, hands down BETTER without question or hesitation! Highly recommend!!!

The guy from "New York" who wrote the bad review in December either took a wrong turn or works for the competition...LOL!

Haha! Thanks for the great review! We agree with you about the review from NY :) So happy you guys had such an awesome time with Todd--come back and surf with us!

Reviewed January 9, 2013

Awesome company. Our instructor Andrew was wonderful. He was very attentive and patient. We went twice and would go back again. Go early in your trip because you will want to go again.

Reviewed January 4, 2013

We were a group of 3 adults and 2 kids and I have to say I was impressed by the instructors at Maui Wave Riders. They want to make sure that everybody can get up on the surf board and we all succeeded, after being encouraged and supported in a friendly matter. Also, by the end of the lesson, we were told that we could use the surf board for the rest of the day, but we declined as we were all too exhausted from our hard work