“We all stood up on our 1st or 2nd ride, check the tide times though”
Review of Maui Wave Riders

Maui Wave Riders
More attraction details
Owner description: MWR is a family owned and operated business dedicated to providing surfing lessons to each student with a fun, safe and unforgettable surf experience. We adapt our style of teaching to the ability of each student. We will go that extra mile to make your surf experience the most memorable highlight of your vacation!
Reviewed January 2, 2012

They do what they claim with friendly instructors and pretty good surf gear at a easy beach. Check the tide times though because the rocks on the beach are just below the surface at low tide and you can easily get hurt on them when you fall off.

Reviewed December 31, 2011

My husband and 6 year old son took semi private lessons from Todd at the Lahaina location. It was the best part of our vacation!! Todd was AMAZING with our son, and the nicest guy to talk to!! My son felt like a pro at the end of it, and my husband had a great time too. If I didn't have to babysit the young one, I'd have gone too! We bought the photos too as they were awesome, and everyone got Tshirts at the end. Highly recommend this place. Totally worth it!!

Reviewed December 30, 2011

We actually took surf lessons from the Maui Waveriders in Lahaina, Maui. But it was the best money we spent the whole 10 days we were there. Our instructors Todd and Akima were absolutely awesome! Most of our group had taken surf lessons with other companies in years prior, and none compared to the this. They made everyone successful and all 11 of us had at least 8 or 9 successful rides. It was awesome, and I would recommend this company to everyone. The ages in our group were from 9 to 46 and everyone loved every minute of it. They challenged us, but made sure we were able to do it. We were all exhausted and excited when were were done. It also included a t-shirt which the kids loved too. We recommended them to some other people the next day and all they could do was rave about them too!

Reviewed December 30, 2011

I've surfed in a wide variety of places, each with different conditions. Having never surfed reef waves (as opposed to beach waves), I decided to take a lesson from a local school on Maui where I was vacationing.

I chose MWR (Maui Wave Riders) "surf school" after reading a few very positive reviews about them here on TripAdivisor.com. I paid in full and joined a group lesson at 10:00 a.m. As we were only 4 in our group, our pedagogically gifted instructor Todd had plenty of time to give us individual help. The waves near the harbor in Lahaina are small and roll onto shore consistently – so, there's no other waiting than for your turn to be instructed before attempting to master the next wave. Be prepared to share these waves with a bunch of others, though. Especially during the Christmas/New Years holidays.

The equipment included in the lesson (rash guard, booties, softtop board) is of good quality and the staff at MWR are very friendly and helpful. I had a fun learning experience which I contribute to Todd's easy-going, easy-to-follow instructions.

Reviewed December 28, 2011

2 instructors for our family of 5-got everybody up right off the bat! Shallow area 2-4 feet of water. Very rocky but time to figure out how to do what they told you to do. And they have a photographer! Wow. Eat at LouLous afterward