“great instructor”
Review of Maui Beach Boys

Maui Beach Boys
Ranked #5 of 86 Tours in Kihei
More attraction details
Owner description: Locally owned, Maui Beach Boy's is a fully licensed and insured operated Maui Surf school Based in Kihei Hi. We also offer surfing tours. Also serving the Lahaina area.
Reviewed May 9, 2014

We booked here based on reviews and loved it. All four of us from ages 14-48 got up easily. Its not as hard as it looks. Brandon was our teacher and was fun and up beat encouraging us all the time and we all made it no prob. Two of us got up almost every time and were even doing little tricks on the board like jumping back and forth. We had fun and Brandon made it seem easy. He give us lots of tips and would tell us what we did wrong at times. After it was over, he told us places to eat and other things to do. We say him days later and he saw us talked to us and was very friendly. I think he really enjoyed his job and meeting and teaching people. We liked it so much we seriously discussed going boarding again and renting boards but it didn't work out.

1  Thank bill555
JBMBB, Owner at Maui Beach Boys, responded to this reviewResponded September 6, 2014

Mahalo for the great review....Aloha

Reviewed May 7, 2014

Our first visit to Maui, first ever surf lesson, and Tall Kyle had all 4 of us up in no time. Well, I took a few tries before I was standing, but it was great fun seeing my 2 boys doing 180's on the board after Kyle suggested they try. We kept going back for more, and were treated wonderfully by Mickie (the surf girl who got us equipped each morning) and Kyle and the rest of the instructors. After a couple of lessons we went out on our own but still felt very supported by Maui Beach Boys. Would highly recommend giving it a try. If I can do it, so can you!

JBMBB, Owner at Maui Beach Boys, responded to this reviewResponded June 30, 2014

Very nice review..I will let tall kyle know and Michael (our beach girl)...Mahalo

Reviewed May 7, 2014

Went out with Brandon and surfed for about 2 hours, had an awesome time with my family and he insured that we all got up on our boards! He was so helpful and positive in the water it really helped to make the experience extraordinary. Would highly recommend to anyone, all skill levels!

Beautiful review..we are so happy when your happy..Mahalo

Reviewed May 6, 2014

We chose Maui Beach Boys for our first time surfing kids (17 and 23). 'Tall Kyle' was their instructor. It was an amazing experience. Both kids were able to surf backwards and forwards after 1 lesson!! I also want to encourage others to contact Bruce Greenwood, Surf Photos Maui (mail@surfphotosmaui.com) to get pictures. He does an amazing job at a very affordable price. I would definitely recommend this to others.

Mahalo nice review will let my staff know....Aloha

Reviewed May 5, 2014

I was hesitant to have my two children 10 and 12 take surf lessons for many reasons,. Once we arrive all of my hesitations vanished. Karlos was our instructor and he was fantastic with the kids. He taught them everything they needed to know, and at the same time made sure they were having fun. The kids loved it. Myself and husband surfed as well for the first time and truly enjoyed it. The entire company was wonderful and a pleasure to work with. We look forward to visiting again and surfing with Karlos!!

Mahalo for the great review we will let Karlos know..Aloha