“Maui beach boys rocks”
Review of Maui Beach Boys

Maui Beach Boys
Ranked #10 of 87 Tours in Kihei
More attraction details
Owner description: Locally owned, Maui Beach Boy's is a fully licensed and insured operated Maui Surf school Based in Kihei Hi. We also offer surfing tours. Also serving the Lahaina area.
Reviewed April 26, 2014

This group was excellent. Our instructors Brandon and Carlos were very professional and awesome with our kids. Our 9 year old was up and surfing forwards and backwards in no time. Our 14 and 12 year olds had a great time. The beach was great. They made our first surfing experience fun and very enjoyable. Def recommend maui beach boys.

1  Thank Dennis V
JBMBB, Owner at Maui Beach Boys, responded to this reviewResponded May 4, 2014

Mahalo for the nice review.....See you next time

All reviews
in 13 reviews
"feel comfortable"
in 14 reviews

Reviewed April 25, 2014

We found Maui Beach Boys on Tripadvisor and then called them up when we got to Maui. We were really happy with the surfing once we got in the water. It was a tad bit slow off the start but I think it was just a really busy day for them. They ended up calling in additional people to fill the demand. We booked the group lesson as there are only 6 people per group. Originally they were going to add us to a group of 6 making a totally of 8 which I was a bit disappointed about but then they added another instructor so we were 2 instructors for 8 people and had tons of surf time. A call out to Karlos and Ray who were both great. I would highly recommend for anyone young or old. The waves in this area are not very big so pretty much anyone will be able to get up during the 2 hour lesson. I would definitely do this again next time...oh and did I mention that a turtle popped its head up right beside us.

2  Thank TheWaldos
JBMBB, Owner at Maui Beach Boys, responded to this reviewResponded May 4, 2014

Mahalo for the review...Those turtles out there like to watch us surf.....aloha til next time

Reviewed April 25, 2014

Best experience in Maui:

Our instructors name was Kyle, he was honestly so nice and polite. He was encouraging and supportive throughout the whole lesson(even when I was failing horribly lol), he gave great tips & was an excellent teacher. I actually felt confident in my new skills and I could surf by the end! If you get Kyle you are lucky, he's pretty to look at as well .

They also have a photographer on site that will follow ur group and take photos of you the whole time. It was only 40$ for this so if you want pictures its worth it!

Another nice thing was the group size; it was only myself and my dad. Other groups had their own instructors as well. It felt personal and made the experience one I will never forget.

**** Remember to listen to your instructor!!!! KEEP YOUR HEAD UP and stay relaxed......
Go to Maui beach boys and you will not be disappointed!

2  Thank Jackiehall1
JBMBB, Owner at Maui Beach Boys, responded to this reviewResponded May 4, 2014

Mahalo, We just love reviews like this.................aloha

Reviewed April 24, 2014

I went on a private lesson today with Kyle one of the instructors at Maui beach boys. I will say the whole experience was not what I would expect from a surfing company. First, they were on time, friendly and helpful. I was greeted with smiles and professionalism and the company is organized in all ways, the equipment is used but in great shape. I strongly recommend anyone that would like a great experience to use this company. I also observed that others around me had the same type of experience as I did. thank you Maui beach boys I am tired and sore.;.......

JBMBB, Owner at Maui Beach Boys, responded to this reviewResponded May 4, 2014

Mahalo for that review..Its a great workout as well...See you in the water

See more reviews
Reviewed April 19, 2014

This was our first trip to Hawaii. We decided to try things on our Hawaiian vacation that we we'd never be able to do at home...surfing is certainly one of those! Our first surfing experience was AWESOME and Maui Beach Boys is to thank for that. Our instructor, Brandon, was the best! He was patient, helpful, and very encouraging. All four of us (including our 10- and 12-year old sons) got up on our surf boards on our second try. We will never forget the way it felt to ride a wave. We all had a great time and made memories that will last a lifetime. A photographer took photos of our entire experience (available for purchase after previewing), and we ended our lesson with a small snack. It was so much fun! If you're thinking about surfing for the first time, make sure that you have a great time by saving yourself hours of frustration - take a surf lesson from Brandon at Maui Beach Boys!

aloha , Brandon is a star and so are you ..................Mahalo