“Surfing Lesson at Kalana Beach Park”
Review of Maui Beach Boys

Maui Beach Boys
Ranked #5 of 87 Tours in Kihei
More attraction details
Owner description: Locally owned, Maui Beach Boy's is a fully licensed and insured operated Maui Surf school Based in Kihei Hi. We also offer surfing tours. Also serving the Lahaina area.
Reviewed November 8, 2013

I had a great time with my instructor Karlos at the surfing lesson. He was informative and friendly plus gave us some history of the island of Maui. I highly recommend Maui Beach Boys for surfing or standup paddle lessons.

JBMBB, Owner at Maui Beach Boys, responded to this reviewResponded November 20, 2013

Mahalo for the review will let Karlos Know..Aloha

in 12 reviews
"learning how"
in 10 reviews

Reviewed November 5, 2013

We went to Maui on our honeymoon. We wanted surf lessons. These guys are awesome. To begin, you don't have to know how to swim. The water is maximum shoulder deep. We took semi-private lessons because we wanted to maximize our experience there. Next, our instructor, Benjamin was awesome. He was calm the entire time and didn't get frustrated with us at all, even if we fell at times. My wife was successful on the first try. Benjamin was so good that we both were able to surf without problems to the shore at the end of our lessons. Also, my leg grazed a sea urchin near the end of our lessons and Benjamin kept his calm and said we had to go in. There were thorns in my leg and they are poisonous (kinda like being stung by a bee). Our instructor was really relaxed in the situation and it helped me keep my calm. If you go, ask for Benjamin, he's the best and explains so much. You'll be surfing in no time. By the way, if they ask if you want photos, say yes! It's only $35.

Mahalo, Will let Ben know ...sorry about the urchent...

Reviewed October 29, 2013

Definitely the company to go surfing with. We had a great instructor, Karlos. He taught us all individually although we were a family of 4 in a group of 6. We all managed to stand up on the boards continually, much to my own amazement. Safety was paramount, Karlos looked after us really well in the water. Greeted by very friendly staff on arrival too.
Great experience, would definitely go with these guys again.

yeah Karlos,, Mahalo for the freat review...Aloha

Reviewed October 27, 2013

I signed up for a group lesson, but since it was mid-September, there were only two others in the group. Carlos was our instructor and he is a great teacher as he was very patient but quick to identify and coach us on what we were doing wrong. I had such a good time, I signed up for another group lesson for the next day. However, when I showed, I was not only the sole student in the group, but we had the entire beach to ourselves, so needless to say we had lots of space to work with and were able to catch lots of waves. Cannot recommend Carlos and Maui Beach Boys enough.

By the way, Kihei Caffe across the street is a great place to go after surfing for breakfast. The food is phenomenal, and don't be intimated by the long line. They are very efficient.

Mahalo Surfing and good food ..Glad you had a good time with us.....Aloha

See more reviews
Reviewed October 23, 2013

Just got back from taking a surfing lesson with Carlos - here are the positives: very friendly staff, excellent instruction, Carlos was very encouraging once we were in the water (the guys from a competitor were rude and we were very happy we chose who we did), the waves were plentiful, and we were served cold juice when we finished. Only three negatives (two of which are unavoidable): the location requires surf booties, which are odd to wear if you have gone bear foot in the past; it was crowded - we had a few collisions with other riders; and, our lesson ended 15 minutes short. Granted, a few of us were already whupped, but at least two of us would have gone back out for one last wave.

Highly recommend these folks. Carlos is laid back, friendly, and encouraging. We had a blast.

1  Thank Chris W

Glad you had fun..Water time is 1hr and 40 min...If you feel we didn't give you that please call me direct at 808-283-7400..........I will be glad to do what ever it takes to make you happy..(the owner)