“Eli was awesome!”
Review of Maui Beach Boys

Maui Beach Boys
Ranked #11 of 87 Tours in Kihei
More attraction details
Owner description: Locally owned, Maui Beach Boy's is a fully licensed and insured operated Maui Surf school Based in Kihei Hi. We also offer surfing tours. Also serving the Lahaina area.
Reviewed May 12, 2013

My boyfriend surprised me with surf lessons for the two of us. We did a private 2 hr lesson with Eli and I was up surfing on my 1st wave! My boyfriend, a first time surfer, was up on his second wave! After 30 minutes we were surfing the same wave at the same time : ) What a photo opportunity! There was also a photographer taking pictures which were available for purchase after our lesson. We purchased the CD, totally worth the $35. It happened to be my birthday and the surf instructors surprised me with birthday cupcakes after our lesson. What a birthday and great surfing experience. Our instructor Eli was personable and relaxed, yet professional. He made the instruction simple and easy to understand. He offered helpful suggestions while in the water with us. He got us informed and out catching waves within minutes! Thank you Eli!!!

JBMBB, Owner at Maui Beach Boys, responded to this reviewResponded May 13, 2013

Aloha, We are glad we spent your b-day with you..Happy that you had fun..JB

All reviews
in 13 reviews
"feel comfortable"
in 14 reviews

Reviewed May 7, 2013

Sascha had my husband and step daughter surfing so fast it was amazing. They had a great time and we went back the next day to rent a board and try on our own. They used what Sascha had taught them and almost had me up on the board. It was a blast. The whole crew out on the first day were great and the photo cd we bought from Bruce had some really great shots. Best beach days on the whole vacation.

JBMBB, Owner at Maui Beach Boys, responded to this reviewResponded May 13, 2013

Aloha and Mahalo for your review....Glad it was the best time of your vacation..

Reviewed May 7, 2013

I would like to thank Carlos and the rest of Maui Beach Boys for doing such a great job! This has been on my "bucket list" and for my birthday, my wife got me these surfing lessons. Absolutely the Best! We loved it. Carlos was very good at telling us exactly what we needed to do and what we needed to work on. Great time and would highly recommend Maui Beach Boys to anyone wanting to check off the subject of learning to surf, off their list. Thanks again Carlos, Will and Shawna

JBMBB, Owner at Maui Beach Boys, responded to this reviewResponded May 13, 2013

Aloha and happy we could help you with your bucket list..Mahalo

Reviewed May 7, 2013

We stayed in Lahaina and decided to drive about 20 min up the coast to hang out with Maui Beach boys. We were so pleased with that decision. We have a 7 10 and 12 year old and they had a blast. We watched some lessons that took place in Lahaina and they didn't look near as little kid friendly as the location with Maui beach boys. The main difference being the depth of the water. My 7 year old could touch everywere we were with our boards. That made us all feel safe. My 7 year old was the first one to pop up and surf right in. The instructors were very helpful and very careful. A great family adventure and a fantastic memory.

mahalo and we hope to see your 7 year old again...Aloha