“An absolutely awesome starting point for surfing!”
Review of Maui Beach Boys

Maui Beach Boys
Ranked #6 of 82 Tours in Kihei
More attraction details
Owner description: Locally owned, Maui Beach Boy's is a fully licensed and insured operated Maui Surf school Based in Kihei Hi. We also offer surfing tours.Also serving the Lahaina area.
London, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“An absolutely awesome starting point for surfing!”
Reviewed October 3, 2012

This was our first time surfing and the Maui Beach Boys made it an unforgettable experience. We had a fantastic day and by the end were riding waves on our own thanks to the lesson and help of one of the surf instructors "Roy" who was an absolutely awesome guy with a very chilled out and friendly nature. It really made the day very relaxing and enjoyable.

By the end of the session we were completely "surfed out" and didn't realise how much of a work out surfing was! Great fun though and very good value.

To sum up the guys, they are all a bunch of very nice people - extremely friendly and make you feel very comfortable from the moment that you arrive in the car park and wonder over to their surf vans.

There is also the option to have photos takes by one of the team whilst you're out on the waves and a few as you head out with the boards which is highly recommended, it was $35 and we ended up leaving with a cd with around 30 - 40 great photos and we are extremely happy with the quality of them.

For anyone beginning surfing, we highly recommend using the Maui Beach Boys, great crew and an awesome time out!

Visited October 2012
JBMBB, Owner at Maui Beach Boys, responded to this review, October 5, 2012
Aloha, Thanks for the nice review..Roy has been on the water a long time a veteran...Mahalo and will see you in the water...........................JB

Tipperary, Ireland
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 31 helpful votes
“Fun, Fun, Fun”
Reviewed September 29, 2012

First time surfing was a great time with Carlos. He was patient and encouraging. Safety was a priority as well as having a great time. Next time to Maui will include a lesson with Maui Beach Boys. Highlight of my trip. Thanks for the awesome time.

JBMBB, Owner at Maui Beach Boys, responded to this review, October 1, 2012
Mahalo for your review......We loved having you and loved your review....Thankyou sooooo much............JB
Saint Louis, Missouri
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Surf with MBB!!”
Reviewed September 29, 2012

We wanted to learn to surf on our honeymoon but didn't get around to it. When I told my husband about it for our first anniversary he was wary and was nervous (more for what could be in the water below us). We signed up for group lessons at 8am and lucky us, no one else had signed up and we had the instructor (Dylan) all to ourselves. Right from the beginning, Dylan was super nice and helpful. After 5 minutes of instruction, we were in the water and my husband was already up! Took me a few more times and a change in which foot was in front, but once I got up it was so much fun. Dylan was very encouraging and seemed to genuinely enjoy his job and see others succeed. He also gave us a few suggestions on what else to do while in Maui which was nice. Also, we enjoyed the CD of pictures (extra fee for this) and they turned out great!

This was the highlight of our trip thanks to Dylan and MBB! We hope to be back!!

JBMBB, Owner at Maui Beach Boys, responded to this review, October 1, 2012
Mahalo for your review...We love that this was the highlight of your trip ..Aloha abd well see you in the water.............JB
Portland, Oregon
4 attraction reviews
“Great Surfing Experience!”
Reviewed September 24, 2012

I was a bit apprehensive, but Dylan was patient, encouraging, and professional. For the first timer the instructor makes all the difference and Dylan was great. He made you feel like you really accomplished something once you were able to stand and surf. I also observed some of the other instructors and, where DO you get such nice guys?!
Sarah was also very nice and professional. She must tell people the same thing several times a day, day after day, but she made you feel like you were her very first with an enthusiastic smile on her face.
The area where you take the lesson is fairly calm (compared to other areas) and shallow and a great place to learn. I would go back in a heart beat! Just know they only take cash or checks in payment so go prepared!

JBMBB, Owner at Maui Beach Boys, responded to this review, September 27, 2012
Aloha glad you had a great time in the water with us...................Mahalo for your review...JB
“Best Surfing Experience on the Island!”
Reviewed September 20, 2012

My husband and I took a surf lesson with Carlos and had the time of our lives! He was helpful and encouraging throughout the entire lesson. He also individualized his teaching when we were out on the water making sure each of the six people in our group had a fun and successful surfing experience. After only two tries we were riding waves all the way into the shore! Everyone in the group got to ride MANY waves each and my husband and I got to ride a few together which was really fun. Also, thank you to Sarah for recommending that I get some long board shorts to cover my upper legs so u don't get board rash from surfing! Great tip! (and thanks for keeping our belongings safe while we enjoyed our time on the water!)

JBMBB, Owner at Maui Beach Boys, responded to this review, September 24, 2012
Mahalo for your review...................Sarah is my best beach girl and Karl is my best beach boy.............Aloha for now .JB