“Fun, Fun, Fun”
Review of Maui Beach Boys

Maui Beach Boys
Ranked #6 of 86 Tours in Kihei
More attraction details
Owner description: Locally owned, Maui Beach Boy's is a fully licensed and insured operated Maui Surf school Based in Kihei Hi. We also offer surfing tours. Also serving the Lahaina area.
Reviewed September 29, 2012

First time surfing was a great time with Carlos. He was patient and encouraging. Safety was a priority as well as having a great time. Next time to Maui will include a lesson with Maui Beach Boys. Highlight of my trip. Thanks for the awesome time.

JBMBB, Owner at Maui Beach Boys, responded to this reviewResponded October 1, 2012

Mahalo for your review......We loved having you and loved your review....Thankyou sooooo much............JB

Reviewed September 29, 2012

We wanted to learn to surf on our honeymoon but didn't get around to it. When I told my husband about it for our first anniversary he was wary and was nervous (more for what could be in the water below us). We signed up for group lessons at 8am and lucky us, no one else had signed up and we had the instructor (Dylan) all to ourselves. Right from the beginning, Dylan was super nice and helpful. After 5 minutes of instruction, we were in the water and my husband was already up! Took me a few more times and a change in which foot was in front, but once I got up it was so much fun. Dylan was very encouraging and seemed to genuinely enjoy his job and see others succeed. He also gave us a few suggestions on what else to do while in Maui which was nice. Also, we enjoyed the CD of pictures (extra fee for this) and they turned out great!

This was the highlight of our trip thanks to Dylan and MBB! We hope to be back!!

Mahalo for your review...We love that this was the highlight of your trip ..Aloha abd well see you in the water.............JB

Reviewed September 24, 2012

I was a bit apprehensive, but Dylan was patient, encouraging, and professional. For the first timer the instructor makes all the difference and Dylan was great. He made you feel like you really accomplished something once you were able to stand and surf. I also observed some of the other instructors and, where DO you get such nice guys?!
Sarah was also very nice and professional. She must tell people the same thing several times a day, day after day, but she made you feel like you were her very first with an enthusiastic smile on her face.
The area where you take the lesson is fairly calm (compared to other areas) and shallow and a great place to learn. I would go back in a heart beat! Just know they only take cash or checks in payment so go prepared!

JBMBB, Owner at Maui Beach Boys, responded to this reviewResponded September 27, 2012

Aloha glad you had a great time in the water with us...................Mahalo for your review...JB

Reviewed September 20, 2012

My husband and I took a surf lesson with Carlos and had the time of our lives! He was helpful and encouraging throughout the entire lesson. He also individualized his teaching when we were out on the water making sure each of the six people in our group had a fun and successful surfing experience. After only two tries we were riding waves all the way into the shore! Everyone in the group got to ride MANY waves each and my husband and I got to ride a few together which was really fun. Also, thank you to Sarah for recommending that I get some long board shorts to cover my upper legs so u don't get board rash from surfing! Great tip! (and thanks for keeping our belongings safe while we enjoyed our time on the water!)

JBMBB, Owner at Maui Beach Boys, responded to this reviewResponded September 24, 2012

Mahalo for your review...................Sarah is my best beach girl and Karl is my best beach boy.............Aloha for now .JB

Reviewed September 20, 2012

Tuesday morning a friend and I went to Maui Beach Boys for some surfing lessons.
Neither of us had ever surfed and we were eager to learn.
Within a few minutes of registering and getting sized we were on the water ready to learn.
Dylan took us both out and my friend rode his very first wave over 100 yards, after a few more tries I was joining him.
Dylan was very helpful getting us on waves, then critiquing our rides once we paddled back.
His tips and minor adjustments really made a difference. We had a great day.
I liked it so much I decided to come back on my own the next day and take another lesson.
Dylan took me out again and this time taught me even more about the science of waves, timing of reading them, and had me cruising all morning long.
I searched a lot of different surf lessons before deciding on MBB, I am thankful I found them.
The first one I tried wanted to raise their prices from the website 30 dollars after I had made a reservation, the next one never called me back.
With MBB, I submitted an online reservation and forgot to put the discount code in, I got a call back in 15 minutes with a confirmation and they even added the discount to my reservation.
Great service, great instructors, great equipment.
Great Time.
If you like a no BS management, Fun/informative instructors, and want to be up surfing in no time, book with MBB.
Next time I am in Maui I am definitely going back.
Thank you Maui Beach Boys, and thank you Dylan

1  Thank Jim K

Mahalo Jim, Now that you surf can we call you Kimo? That is your name in Hawaiian...............Aloha JB