“The highlight of our trip to Hawaii”
Review of Maui Beach Boys

Maui Beach Boys
Ranked #6 of 82 Tours in Kihei
More attraction details
Owner description: Locally owned, Maui Beach Boy's is a fully licensed and insured operated Maui Surf school Based in Kihei Hi. We also offer surfing tours.Also serving the Lahaina area.
Reviewed September 13, 2012

My sister and I had a semi-private lesson with Dan two weeks ago. Dan gave really clear instructions and by wave 3 the two of us were able to stand up on the board and ride it to shore. Pretty impressive for two Canadian girls from the prairies! Dan's energy and enthusiasm made the experience even better. We had so much fun with Dan out in the water. It felt like we had known him for a long time! I'm looking forward to our next trip to Hawaii where we'll take Dan up on his 'Surfing Safari' adventure. If you have ever thought about surfing, I'd highly recommend Maui Beach Boys. Dan's experience, positive attitude, and his passion for surfing is really what helped make this the highlight of our trip.

JBMBB, Owner at Maui Beach Boys, responded to this reviewResponded September 18, 2012

Dan IS the man! Mahalo for your review. If you do return, you'll love the safari experience.

Reviewed September 12, 2012

I had a great day surfing with Maui Beach Boys! I was prearranged to be in a group with some people I didn't know, but when those people were late, MBB set me up with Carlos, instead of waiting for people that were late! Thanks for that! MBB had a storage bin for each person which was great to put dry clothes and car keys in while surfing. Carlos had his group of 4 people, with me added, but he handled it without hesitation. He got all of us in a nice rotation, and had no problem setting us up on waves. By the end of the two hour session we were all pretty worn out from riding the long waves into shore! Carlos even set me up on a shorter board mid-session to give me more mobility. He was pleasantly conversational when the wave sets were coming in slow, and was a pleasure to hang out with. MBB gave me a long sleeve rash guard shirt which was awesome! I wish I would've added some sunblock to the back of my knees though, and I should've worn a hat, even in the water. When you catch the long waves into shore, you have to paddle way back out to catch another! Great time with MBB.

We cater to the customer. Loved having ya!

Reviewed September 11, 2012

I tried surfing for the first time today, gotta tell you I was a little nervous. Carlos got me out on the water after some shoreline instruction, and with a little push I was surfing my first wave. He truly made it a great experience, so much so that I signed up again for the next day. I would highly recommend Carlos and the Maui Beach Boys to anyone wanting to learn to surf!
Jennifer, Santa Cruz, CA.

Mahalo Jennifer.
Hope you're ready for Santa Cruz....brrrr

Reviewed September 11, 2012

My new bride and I took a lesson with Carlos yesterday and had a great time. Within the first 3 attempts we were riding waves to the shore. Carlos gave us personal attention, and even gave us great recommendations for lunch, and several snorkeling spots around Maui.

Great way to start your honeymoon! Mahalo for surfing with us.

Reviewed September 9, 2012

Last week my husband and 6 year old daughter surfed twice with Karl. Our daughter had never surfed before he was great with her. She was surfing in no time and Karl stayed within her comfort zone. We highly recommend Karl and Maui Surf Boys they are very family friendly. We would go back again in an instance.

JBMBB, Owner at Maui Beach Boys, responded to this reviewResponded September 24, 2012

Mahalo for your review, See you next year.Aloha JB