“Maui Beach Boys were the ultimate”
Review of Maui Beach Boys

Maui Beach Boys
Ranked #6 of 80 Tours in Kihei
More attraction details
Owner description: Locally owned, Maui Beach Boy's is a fully licensed and insured operated Maui Surf school Based in Kihei Hi. We also offer surfing tours.Also serving the Lahaina area.
Vancouver Island, Canada
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Maui Beach Boys were the ultimate”
Reviewed March 22, 2012

If you are thinking about booking for a surf lesson, these are your guys and gals. I did my searching on the web to see who the best business would be to teach me and my daughters to surf. I am so glad we chose Maui Beach Boys. From the moment I walked up to their van parked in the park lot, they were friendly, professional and welcoming. There was nothing but positive energy the entire time. I can't say enough about our instructor. We had five in our group, me my two daughters and a couple. Everything was explained with a key focus on safety. Within minutes of getting into the water, we were all up on our board.
I can't believe how fast the two hours went and we are definitely coming back. While on the water some clients from the Maui Wave Riders were being allowed to run all over us without any kind of courtesy. Our instructor was calm and professional and dealt with this in a manner was no doubt difficult as they were being ridiculous.
I am so happy I didn't go with the Maui Wave Riders. I got a few scratches from the coral during my lesson. When we were done, he quickly attended to this with antiseptic and gave me some instructions on how to care for it. Very impressive.

1 Thank janis g
JBMBB, Owner at Maui Beach Boys, responded to this review, March 23, 2012
Thank you so much for your review. Sounds like you caught quite a few waves...and hope you're healing from the coral. Those things can happen as it can be quite shallow. We look forward to seeing you in the water in the future. Mahalo!

St. Albert, Canada
“Surf with the Best”
Reviewed March 20, 2012

My wife and I just got back from spending 2 weeks in Maui and had an amazing trip. You can't go wrong on this island, from the sites to the ocean sports, but what makes it all even better are the people. Maui Beach Boys is a great example of this, as we spent 2 mornings taking surf and then paddle board lessons, then rented boards every morning there after. Being completely new to surfing, Dylan (our instructor) had us up and surfing our first attempt and even when we were just renting and surfing in the area, Dylan and Karlos were lots of fun to talk with and continued to help us out with great pointers. You can do a lot of activities in Maui, but going through the Maui Beach Boys will ensure a great time for a great price. Ask for Dylan or Karlos and tell them the "Power Couple" sent you.

JBMBB, Owner at Maui Beach Boys, responded to this review, March 23, 2012
The "Power Couple" ....love that..
Mahalo for your review. Sounds like you were on the fast track, both surf and paddle. That's great! Thank you for choosing Maui Beach Boys for your lessons.
Windsor, California
“Excellent first time surfing experience!”
Reviewed March 20, 2012

My husband and I took a beginner's lesson with Dylan & Mike and they were great. Group lesson with only one other couple and no waiting around at all. I'm 50, and if I can do it, anyone can. Go for it!!!

JBMBB, Owner at Maui Beach Boys, responded to this review, March 23, 2012
Age is only a number. Heck, the turtles don't know how young we are! Congratulations, you are now a surfer. I'm so pleased you and your husband enjoyed your lesson
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Great experience - would highly recommend”
Reviewed March 20, 2012

Our instructors Dylan & Mike were excellent. No problems getting us up, and kept us entertained for the full 2 hours. The lessons are perfect for first timers, we will feel comfortable renting a board when we go next time.

North of 49
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Wonderful”
Reviewed March 18, 2012

Followed the advice of others on Tripadvisor and found Maui Beach Boys to help us with the surfing part of our vacation. Jo, the attendant with the board trucks was great in giving us advice on what days, time of day etc. Our instructor Brad from Nova Scotia was wonderful. I'm 50 and he had me up on the first wave, and our 2 kids, 18 and 21 caught on just as fast. Lots of laughs, no pressure and no rushing. The kids went back a couple of days later and Jo got them fixed up with rental boards and off they went again on their own and while in the water the MBB instructors shot lots of encouragement their way. Hope to be back next Feb. and stand up paddle boards are next on the list! Thanks a bunch everyone at MBB.

Visited February 2012
JBMBB, Owner at Maui Beach Boys, responded to this review, March 20, 2012
Mahalo for your review! I'm glad we could provide your lessons and look forward to getting you all up on those paddleboards during your next vacation.