“Malasadas made on the fly...!!!!!”
Review of Home Maid Cafe

Home Maid Cafe
Ranked #67 of 182 Restaurants in Kihei
Cuisines: Diner
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed April 14, 2013

Just stopped in to get some malasadas (Portuguese donuts). They make them when you order them...wow!!!! How fresh is that? And they smelled like my mae's (mother in POrtuguese). I did not eat any because I was getting them for my work mates back home, but my son had 3 and said they were "finger lickin' good" !!!!!! If smell says anything about taste, then get these things here...worth the wait.

Reviewed March 7, 2013 via mobile

We've been coming to Kihei for a number of years and Home Maid Cafe has joined our breakfast rotation. Nothing to look at, but good solid well cooked food. In particular, they are one of the few places that can properly cook an over medium fried egg. Crispy bacon is just right, not burnt. Good French toast and pancakes. Strong, hot Kona coffee. Hmmmmm. Think I'll go back again tomorrow morning.

Reviewed February 8, 2013

Home Maid is famous in Hawaii for its crispy manju. Really, the crispy is flaky pastry covering various fruity ingredients such as apple, peach, coconut, banana, peanut butter, chocolate, and red bean paste (azuki). It's like a mini tart that fits in the palm of your hand. Besides crispy manju, there are soft and flavourful breads and rolls and traditional pastries made in the true Island style. They have a selection of takeaway bento as well. Very local style and well worth the trip to find it.

Reviewed February 6, 2013

This little hole in the wall is off putting at first glance...but oh my goodness what a great greasy spoon breakfast spot! This is a family run business and you can taste the love in the food! I had the 2 egg breakfast and the hash browns were delicious! The bacon was huge and cooked to perfection. My husband had the big French toast breakfast with eggs and corn beef hash. He didn't speak a word it was so good while he was eating! You know this is a good spot when the locals are there and say they'll be back again the next day. They offer local fare which I know nothing about...but what went by my table looked very good! I highly recommend this place...wish we found it before our last day!

Reviewed January 1, 2013

Fast and cheap. Good, no nonsense breakfast foods at a fraction of the cost of other local restaurants. Order at the counter and be served at your table. Be sure to try the cream filled masaladas - less donut, more sweet yeast roll, but good.

1  Thank pclotus