“THIS was "the best thing" about our trip.”

No Ka Oi Private Adventures
Ranked #45 of 82 Tours in Kihei
More attraction details
Owner description: Custom nature-based excursions in a private, small group setting. We take you off the beaten path and pride ourselves on being environmentally and culturally conscious.
Reviewed December 12, 2012

When you get back from vacation everyone always asks "What was the best thing about your trip?" Well, my husband and I agreed that our 'best thing' was our day spent on the road to Hana with Wade. And that is saying a lot because our whole trip to Hawaii far exceeded our expectations. Wade was such a great guide - he was fun, easy to talk to, and he knew the name of every single plant or tree I pointed out - and i did this a lot, all day :) We enjoyed the drive itself along with all of the stops at unique and beautiful beaches, hiking to waterfalls, in caves, through forests, and got incredible pictures, ate delicious food at several different stops, and learned so much about Maui. We could not have had such an action packed adventure on our own. We both highly recommend taking a tour with Wade - the value far exceeds the cost.

Reviewed October 23, 2012

We booked the road to Hana tour with Wade on 9/25 for a party of four. Truth be told, I picked this particular activity with my husband in mind because I just knew that there was no way I was going to enjoy any day that involved hiking and dirt and conversation with a stranger! I warned my hubby that I probably wouldn't talk much and made sure he knew just what a sacrifice I was making so he enjoyed his vacation too! Just so I didn't struggle alone, we dragged along his mom and step-dad. From the second Wade picked us up at our condo, I realized that I just might have been wrong about the whole day. He spent the entire day ensuring that everyone in the group was having a great time regardless of fitness level. The entire day was our absolute favorite part of our Maui vacation. Who knew that a girl who thinks a hike is a walk to the mailbox and that dirt was what she got into when she grabbed the dirty mailbox handle would enjoy a day like this. Wade showed us a side of Maui that we would have never seen otherwise. Off the beaten path does not begin to describe the beautiful places he took us too. We really appreciated the care he took to ensure our Mother, who has had both knees replaced, enjoyed the adventure, too. As you are looking into the price of the private tour- let me tell you, that yes, you could drive to Hana yourself and yes, you would see some cool things and yes, you would save some money. With that said, you would miss out on some of the most beautiful spots in Maui and also miss out on Wade's experience- from the snacks, to the dry towels that never seem to run out when you need one, to his knowledge about the island and its plant life, to his willingness to take all the candid pics of you and your loved ones (where was he when we went to see the sunrise?) To quote my husband- "Wade didn't charge enough money for that tour. I would have paid double to see you with dirt from your toes to your chin climbing through rivers and up rocks with a BIG smile on your face!" I was worried about talking to a stranger and felt like I was out for a day with a good friend! Don't hesitate to book this tour- our only regret was that we didn't book one for West Maui too!

3  Thank Vivi F
Reviewed October 15, 2012

My husband and I took the all day tour to Hana with Wade 10/9. It was that absolute best way to see Hana and East Maui. I can't imagine even getting a quarter of what we saw without Wade. He's a great guy with tons of knowledge about all things Maui and "Hawaii" in general. He has thought of everything and is remarkably prepared, and while the day takes a bit of energy and effort, having Wade at the helm makes this kind of adventure soooo much easier and more fun. We just couldn't have had a day like that without him! Thanks Wade!! We would and will recommend him and any of his tour offerings to anyone we know heading to Maui.

Reviewed October 14, 2012

My wife and I took this trip with Wade on 10/09/12 and would highly recommend it. The other people that were supposed to go on the tour with us cancelled so we ended up with a private tour which let us go at exactly the pace we wanted.

I would recommend taking this tour over driving to Hana as there is so much more to see than if you followed a guidebook. We hiked up to several hidden waterfalls that were past the more crowded waterfalls and were the only ones there. Also, the Red Sand Beach was a highlight. We also couch have jumped off a 20 or 30 foot cliff into a pool but we both chickeded out.

The whole time Wade was patient and didn't put any pressure on us to do anything we didn't want but also helped us try things we wouldn't have on our own. Overall great experience.

Reviewed October 5, 2012

The full-day tour to Hana was amazing. Wade is incredibly knowledgeable about Maui and knows all sorts of off-the-beaten-path spots that aren't flooded with tourists. If you have the time -- and you should make the time! -- schedule a Hana tour with Wade. It's tiring but so worthwhile. You won't regret it.