“Spent two great days with Charlie”
Review of Blue Soul Maui

Blue Soul Maui
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: We specialize in exclusive Maui adventures through eco-tourism. Our services include outrigger canoe tours, private guided waterfall hikes, surf lessons, stand-up paddle lessons, Private guided Road to Hana tours and other environmentally friendly ways to explore Maui. Our six-man canoes are the perfect way to take your family whale watching, snorkeling or to watch the sunset, away from the crowds. Our personalized private hikes will take you off the beaten path to places not found on the maps. Ask us about setting a multiple activity adventure day, you save money and time when bundling your activities. We may even be able to save you money on other activities we don't do ourselves by just booking with us. Call us today and let's enjoy getting dirty again!
Northampton, Massachusetts
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Spent two great days with Charlie”
Reviewed March 28, 2013

We did a surf lesson and outrigger canoe snorkel with Charlie. He had us all surfing (age ranges 11-47) within minutes. He was great with the kids. We also did an outrigger canoe trip, which was a fun experience. He listens to what you want and is a great guide!

Visited March 2013

Norfolk, Virginia
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Great way to get out of the routine and find some real Aloha!”
Reviewed March 14, 2013

A wonderful activity for everybody! Our family of 4 (all adults, our kids are in their 20's) had a great time with Charlie and his young assistant R.J. We saw whales from a distance, but got up close visits with the sea turtles. Our girls and Charlie snorkeled with the turtles for a little while. It was a great participation activity (really paddling in sync) instead passively sitting on a tour. Would suggest motion sickness preventive if you have a tendency but I left wanting to find an outrigger team on the East Coast. It was a windy week and a little early for up-close whale watching, so be flexible with your schedule and expectations.

Visited January 2013
Phoenix, AZ
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 107 helpful votes
“GREAT Outrigger Canoe experience with Charlie”
Reviewed February 28, 2013

We signed up for a 1-1/2 hr. whale watch with Charlie at 8:00 in the morning. Charlie was there to meet us on time and his canoe is really easy to find. It really wasn't the whale watch I was interested in. I was more interested in an outrigger experience, and I am so glad we did it with Charlie rather than with one of the larger companies. Charlie is very personable and has a lot of knowledge and will gladly answer your questions. He doesn't talk on and on like some of the larger companies' tours I've been on, and you are really able to hear and feel the water/waves around you and touch on the rhythm of paddling a canoe. We didn't see any whales, but whale watching can be hit or miss. Charlie was able to find some turtles for us. The Outrigger Canoe experience was great! I would highly recommend.

Visited February 2013
Niwot, Colorado
42 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 157 helpful votes
“Amazing experience with Charlie!!”
Reviewed January 3, 2013

I planned the Sunset Canoe Paddle as our final activity on Maui. I wanted to end our trip with a sunset on the water and really wanted it to be in an Outrigger Canoe. Couldn't have been a better choice!! Charlie met us right on time and showed my family of 4 how to paddle the canoe. We proceeded out into the water to hone our paddling skills and to wait for sunset. It was a very short time later that we encounted whales. Charlie helped us paddle into a good viewing position and dropped his underwater microphone into the water so we could hear the whales. Before you know it, the whales were swimming all around us, coming up out of the water, and basically being very active. Charlie was great at keeping me calm (the whales were truly very close and it was intimidating) and made sure we stayed safe. When our encounter was over, we went closer to shore and "surfed" a wave. It was incredible!! After a beautiful sunset we surfed one more wave then went back to shore. I couldn't say enough good things about Charlie and our experience. He was knowledgable, personable, and helpful. We had an amazing experience. I would highly recommend Charlie, and getting out in an Outrigger Canoe. It is truly the Hawaiian way to travel and worth the effort to experience. Mahalo, Charlie!!

Visited December 2012
1 Thank Marie P
Goodyear, Arizona
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“We love Charlie!”
Reviewed November 6, 2012

In October 2012 my family and I took our first trip to Maui. My wife was looking for an outrigger canoe ride for us and our 3 teenage sons. She came across Blue Soul and liked what the web site showed. She then talked to Charlie and proceeded to set up the canoe ride, surf lessons, stand up paddle surfing lessons and a hike through a bamboo forest to a hidden waterfall and pool (these were all on separate days). Charlie is an incredible instructor and guide and even photographer. His love of Maui and its nature was exemplified in each of these tours. The boys loved every activity we did with Charlie, and the hike was the highlight of their trip to Maui. Charlie even helped me set up a surprise 20 year wedding renewal with Vene an impressive Hawaiian Kahuna (priest). My wife had no Idea, and on our last day Charlie set up a barbecue on the beach for us and when Vene showed up it was very emotional. I have already told several friends to seek out Charlie and Blue Soul when I found out they were going to Maui. He really made our vacation special!

Visited October 2012