“Banana Bread french toast is yummy, as are the hash browns.”
Review of 808 Bistro

808 Bistro
Ranked #16 of 177 Restaurants in Kihei
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Romantic
Description: American Style bistro serving refined comfort food for dinner, prices under $22. Full bar, Open air dinning, ocean view, and natural air conditioning. Now open for Breakfast, 7am to 11am, Brunch 11am to 3pm and dinner 5pm to 9pm.
Maui, Hawaii
“Banana Bread french toast is yummy, as are the hash browns.”
Reviewed January 3, 2014

We decided to try breakfast here and based on other places around the island it is fine. It succeeds with straight forward fare, cooked adequately, in a short period of time served in an outdoor setting with some tables having an ocean view. The prices are comparable to other breakfast places around the island. We shared the banana bread "French" toast, and a plain omelet which sadly, was more like flat scrambled eggs. The hash browns, however exceeded my expectations because it seems no one does breakfast potatoes that are suitable to me......maybe I am too picky. These were nicely grated and crusty on the outside. Once slice of toast accompanies the "omelet" and hash browns. The orange juice was nice and pulpy just the way we like it. The banana bread French toast is coated with what appears to be a light crepe batter on one side and only cooked on that side - I expected something slightly different. Luckily butter was served on the side and not a big glob on top as some places do. All in all in was an enjoyable experience with fast, friendly service. We would go back again.

• Korean first
  • Polish first
Anchorage, Alaska
“Excellent seaside cafe”
Reviewed January 2, 2014

We had breakfast here, and we were very pleased with the quality of food, efficient service, and open atmosphere of the airy dining area. Very reasonable prices. Great omelettes and delicious banana bread French toast!

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“A slice of heaven”
Reviewed January 2, 2014

We had the most wonderful breakfast yesterday at 808 Bistro!
I had stawberry yogurt with a selection of fruit. And, at my request, they substituted banana bread for the granola that normally accompanies this choice. The banana bread was served perfectly warmed; each bite was like a small piece of heaven!

I ate much of the fruit dipped into the yogurt; wow! how wonderful.

My husband had the banana bread french toast. It was served lightly dusted with powdered sugar. He also enjoyed the coffee.

Breakfast was about $7 per person.

Service was attentive. What especially impressed me was that the couple near us had a delay in receiving their meal. The server was very upset by the situation. He apologized repeatedly and provided regular updates to them. He was, in fact, much more upset than they were. What a nice way to handle that issue!

We plan to return soon, and highly recommend 808 Bistro for breakfast.

1 Thank jlg406
Winnipeg
“Pretty good restaurant”
Reviewed January 2, 2014

Extensive menu so you'll find something of your liking I am sure. Service was good and meal adequate and quite tasty....family dining for all ages. I'd go back for sure.

• Visited October 2013
Boise, Idaho
“Lovely restaurant”
Reviewed December 31, 2013 via mobile

It is December 31. Lovely hostess Christina has found a place for us in a fully booked restaurant. And Leeah
Our wonderful waitress made the evening special for me and my wife.
The restaurant is outdoors with partial oceAn view. Nice relaxed atmosphere. Byob $5 corking fee.
Great goat cheese and duck appetizers. We have enjoyed the ahi entree. Definitely recommended.
There is a 808 deli upfront do not get mixed up either the bistro. Deli is good , too by the way.