“Keeps doing quality work!”
Review of 808 Bistro

808 Bistro
Ranked #16 of 184 Restaurants in Kihei
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children, Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic
Description: American Style bistro serving refined comfort food for dinner, prices under $22. Full bar, Open air dinning, ocean view, and natural air conditioning. Now open for Breakfast, 7am to 11am, Brunch 11am to 3pm and dinner 5pm to 9pm.
Reviewed December 19, 2012

I go back year after year & several times each trip to Maui. BYOB makes it very reasonably priced. Their pork is luscious. Having been one of their first customers when they opened I keep an eye on them. Try any of their soups...and their bread pudding is lovely.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,404)

Reviewed December 16, 2012

Hidden behind the 808 Deli -- you have to walk around the back of the kitchen of one of the adjoining restaurants is the 808 Bistro. I had some wonderful pork chops -- the bread was also very good I recall, but they were out of two of the things my partner wanted, but admittedly, we went around 9pm, which apparently is extremely late for Hawaiians.

I'm told this a terrific choice for breakfast -- we'll remember it on a subsequent visit.

Reviewed December 16, 2012 via mobile

Went on a Friday am for breakfast n including my party there was 7 peps in the place. It took forever to get coffee n a glass of pog n milk. The milk was crazy warm and sent it back. No creamer on table had to ask n coffee got cold waiting for it. Got a new cup of coffee after food came.

The food well not to be desired
go some place else for breakfast. My wife got half cooked banana french toast and sent it back. if u want real local banana bread and i mean from hawaiians on ur way to hana or in the vacinity pull off the hwy at a funny looking bus or any fruit stand n get the real deal. The crap served here u can get better in the store.

To the waitress who sucked you bet i paid u in dollars n change. Thank you for the experience. My mom wanted our party of 30 to make reserv there for dinner but i told her heck no. There where only 3 of us the first time n im not wasting my money with them again.

2  Thank heckya
Reviewed December 13, 2012

A friend recommended this restaurant to me and I am so glad I tried it. It is tucked in a little strip mall and easily missed but once you know it's there, you will probably go back more than once.

Was told it is BYOB so no problem for us. Even if you didn't know or forgot, a Whalers is within a 2 minute walk.

They have a Sunset Menu for $25 that includes a salad, main and dessert. Served from 5 pm to 6 pm.

Hubby had the Buffalo Shrimp appetizer and said it was really really good. For the main course, I had the Pork Chops and he had the Short Rib Potpie. My pork chops were one of the best I have ever had - very tasty and tender. Hubby said his was quite good but just needed a tad more salt. Both portions were quite generous. Oh! Can't forget the bread - fresh foccacia with warm butter - absolutely delicious. We normally don't eat the bread but we polished off our basket :)

Didn't have dessert (too full) - total bill with tip was $70. Helluva deal and definitely a Kihei gem.

Reviewed December 12, 2012

I was a bit off-put by two previous negative reviews but went anyway (how could we pass up our coupon for a free brownie ala mode?). I am so glad that we decided to go because it was one of the best meals that I have enjoyed in a long time. We arrived at 5pm so I was able to take advantage of the Sunset menu (available 5-6pm). My wife and I brought our own bottle of wineand started with the crab dip appetizer which was large and delicious. I had a roasted vegetable bisque which was awesome....and I am not usually that big a soup fan. Then we had flatiron steak which was fair and the ribs which were excellent. We finished off with the two brownie sundaes which were sinfully good.

We were served by the proprietor, and Heather (mentioned negatively in a recent TA post) and the service was perfect. We felt well attended to and very welcome. The ambiance is semi outdoors and we loved the warm balmy air and the soft music.

All in all, the perfect romantic Maui evening and food that was immensely satisfying. We have been trying out all sorts of places to eat in the Makena - Kihei area and 808 Bistro tops the list for quality and value!

Been to 808 Bistro? Share your experiences!