We stayed at this condo for 7 days and overall we were pleased with it.
* Cheap. Note: DO NOT stay in a resort. They are very expensive, and nothing is free. We stayed at this condo, and then traveled to all the beaches that are in front of the resorts. You can rent anything that belongs to the resort at the beaches, and pay the same amount as if you are staying at the resort.
* Location is very good. From Kihei, you can travel to all corners of the island. The condo is very close to the highway, which makes it very convenient.
* Quiet. After a long day, when you come back to the condo, it is quiet. The pool is always empty and relaxing.
* Clean. Everything was clean and organized in this #223 condo. New fridge, nice bedroom, big kitchen. Good water pressure in the shower.
* View. We watched the sea and had breakfast at the balcony every morning.
* There is only one window AC unit, which is in the bedroom. It is very loud. This did not bother us, since we are able to fall asleep with a loud noise in the background (and being exhausted after a long day), but this may be a problem for some people. Since there is no AC unit in the living room, you will get hot, unless you open the bedroom door and let the AC unit cool the place. You can also open the balcony door and the front door (it has metal screen lock on it) at night to cool the place. Overall it is not a huge deal, in my opinion.
There is a beach, but you cannot swim in it. Too many weeds. However, you want to go to the beaches in south of Kihei and west Maui anyway, so it is not a big deal. You will be saving a lot of money by staying at this condo and simply driving to many different beautiful beaches.
If I go back to Maui, I would definitely stay at this condo, and preferably at #223 because of the magnificent view from the balcony.
Overall tips for Maui:
Bring a cooler from home. You will need drinks and snacks at the beach.
There are few grocery stores that are very close to the condo. Buy the basic needs from there, including a lot of water.
Buy "Maui Revealed" book. It is an amazing book and it tells you about the best spots to visit.
Bring a lot of sunscreen from home.
Rent a convertible.
Go to Kioso Sushi Bar in Kihei. Best sushi ever.
Take the trip to Hana. Do NOT take a tour. Drive yourself. It is not as bad as some reviews say. Leave very early in the morning and make your own plan (use Maui Revealed book).
|How easy was it to book the property?||How helpful were the directions to the property?|
|How easy was key pickup/access to the property?||Overall condition of the property|
|Bedding & mattresses||Kitchen & utensils|
|Bathroom cleanliness||Other facilities & amenities|