“this is a great night spot, and has good breakfast too!”

Three's Bar and Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Three's Bar and Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #21 of 182 Restaurants in Kihei
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Bar scene, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Keala Pl.
Description: Recently featured on Diners, Drive-ins & Dives. Chefs. Surfers. Friends. Travis Morrin, Cody Christopher, and Jaron Blosser discovered they share a fanatic enthusiasm for surf while working together at a top local restaurant six years ago. While surfing together around Maui they dreamt up the idea to start their own catering business using their regarded culinary school training and experience so they could surf whenever they wanted. Three's Catering was launched in 2009 using a rented warehouse and their old trucks. In a few short months, their unexpected success had them looking for permanent kitchen space, and they opened a restaurant in the current Three's Bar & Grill location in Kihei's Kalama Village where their menu has evolved incorporating the three chefs' three cuisines - Hawaiian, Southwestern and Pacific Rim. Three's is all about great food with locally sourced ingredients, creating memories, and the casual island lifestyle that these friends enjoy everyday.
Reviewed February 4, 2013

I got tickets to see David Nelson Band on the 26th of Jan and flew to Maui to see the show, best decision of the year so far! Three's was packed but we were able to get good drinks, fast, and the rest room is always clean and well kept. The food is good and my friends were eating up oysters like there was tomorrow... I had a loco moco which was really good with a mushroom ragu with fresh maui mushrooms and it was enough for two meals. A good time was had by all! Danced the night away and enjoyed every aspect.... but then again.. you are in Maui... so whats not to love? I always frequent Three's when on island, and i recommend you all check it out too! Cheers!

Reviewed February 2, 2013

First tip - don't eat outside! The outside seating is on a parking lot and has no real view of the ocean or street scene. Also the guitarist, while pretty good, never stops playing and depending on where you are sitting his amp can be a little loud.

Now the food. I had the mixed grill and the beef tenderloins, coconut shrimp and macadamia chicken were delicious. The meal came with Kimhi as the vegetable and it was WAY too spicy hot. Well past my level of tolerance which is usually one chili max. There was no warning that I could see either from the server or the menu that it was spicy at all. After one bite I spent the next 15 minutes trying to cool my tongue down.

There is no way spicy food should be served without letting the customer know.

My partner had the stir fry, again very spicy, and rated it so so.

Second tip. Make sure your server tells you all about the meal you are ordering.

Reviewed January 29, 2013

Again during another jaunt through the Kihei sights, we stopped by Three's for lunch. We sat out on their patio where they had two local musicians playing some traditional cover music with a Hawaiian flare and some music from local artists.

Was a nice comfortable expereince and fun to have the great music and singing to enjoy our meal. The food was quite good and reasonably priced for lunch. The wait staff was friendly and helpful in suggesting options. Both my wife and i enjoyed the experience and definitely are looking forward to hitting Three's on our next visit.

1  Thank Marc S
Reviewed January 29, 2013

The food here is above average and the atmosphere is really fun. We were a bit hesitant because we had our kids with us, but this is definitely a relaxed family place. Lot's of dancing, nice service, good food.

1  Thank clubman64
Reviewed January 27, 2013

My wife and I started looking to get some food and a beer. She really wanted the beer :-) we walked around and found this gem on the side. Walked in and was taken to a table quickly. Our host Loraine suggested the sushi roll to start. She was right! Start with the roll, fish and chips, beer, fish of the day, beer ect, ect... Great time there and would hit it up again next visit. Thank you Loraine for the experience. Food and service was excellent! KCCO

1  Thank DirtyCog T