“Fresh Yummy Fish Taco”

Ranked #7 of 178 Restaurants in Kihei
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Takeout
Description: Welcome to Coconut's Fish Cafe, located in the center of Kihei. Coconut's Fish Cafe serves up Maui's finest food with exciting dishes and unique ambiance. At Coconut's Fish Cafe, every dish is created using only the freshest, finest ingredients. We never use microwaves and everything is cooked to order. We serve only the choicest cuts of seafood. Whether you choose to dine at our one-of-a-kind surfboard tables or take-out, our authentic menu and atmosphere make us a must-stop dining experience.
Livermore, California
“Fresh Yummy Fish Taco”
Reviewed February 26, 2011

This was our first meal while in Maui and I kept thinking about it our whole vacation. My husband had the fish and chips which did not look like anything special but the fish was fresh, not greasy, and just the right amount of breading. I ordered the fish taco and was so pleased. If you don't like mango salsa it might not be for you but I enjoyed it like you would not believe. We arrived around 5:30 and was surprised to see 6 local police officers enjoying fish and chips.

• Korean first
  • Polish first
“Great fish tacos!”
Reviewed February 21, 2011

We ate there twice in 3 days. The first time I had a mahi-mahi dinner, and my wife had deep-fried shrimp. My fish was good, but she thought her shrimp was greasy. But we saw others order the fish tacos, and they looked good. We returned and ordered them, and they were worth the trip! They advertise 17 ingredients in the topping. Some are in the 2 salsas, which were very good. My wife can't have onion or garlic, and they prepared hers accordingly. The tacos were very fresh and had great flavor. We envoyed Coconut's so much we bought a gift certificate for the friends we were staying with.

Walla Walla
“A unique dining experience at a fair price!”
Reviewed February 20, 2011

Looked at reviews on Tripadvisor for dinner in Kihei while visiting. Outstanding fish tacos! Large plate portions at a fair price. Owner and staff want you to love their food. Great Hawaiian fish.

UT
“It is worth it!!”
Reviewed February 19, 2011

The guy who gave it a terrible review must have been reviewing the wrong restaurant. It is a small "strip mall" type restaurant but the food is worth it. The manager/owner took our ordered and even helped serve us. He gabbed with me about baseball and football (he has pictures of him at the World Series and the Superbowl this year AND he is a Giants and Packers fan...lucky year). I kind of rolled my eyes when he bragged his food up but let me admit...I was wrong. Fish tacos to die for and my wife got the blackened fish sandwich. Damn good.!!! We just sat outside on the patio and took in the Hawaii night. The downside- no sides are included in the meals. I got fish tacos for $11.95 and that is all you get: 2 messy tacos. A side of coleslaw (highly recommend) is $2.00 and the fries $2.00 also. We found a coupon for free fries which made it a little better
They are also VERY eco friendly and healthy. 100% cannola oil that is recycled when done. Recycled paper products, etc. They are a company I would support. Like one of the other reviewers we went next door for dessert (Peggy Sue's Restaurant- old school style).

Anchorage, Alaska
“Too die for fish tacos”
Reviewed February 17, 2011

We picked up fish tacos here to bring back to our condo. They were so fresh and the flavors were delicious. I was full and very happy we stopped here. If you dine in, there are cool surfboard tables to sit at.