“Amazing Fish Tacos”

Ranked #7 of 182 Restaurants in Kihei
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Takeout
Description: Welcome to Coconut's Fish Cafe, located in the center of Kihei. Coconut's Fish Cafe serves up Maui's finest food with exciting dishes and unique ambiance. At Coconut's Fish Cafe, every dish is created using only the freshest, finest ingredients. We never use microwaves and everything is cooked to order. We serve only the choicest cuts of seafood. Whether you choose to dine at our one-of-a-kind surfboard tables or take-out, our authentic menu and atmosphere make us a must-stop dining experience.
Reviewed July 11, 2014

A friend recommended we stop here and we were not disappointed. We actually just came in for a snack so we split the fish tacos. AMAZING. They were so good and sitting here now, a few days later I wish we were back on Maui so we could visit there again!

Reviewed July 10, 2014

I found the food at Coconut’s to be at best utterly average and I cannot recommend it. I ordered the fish tacos and when the waiter brought them to the table he said that he recommended that I eat them by picking them up instead of using a knife and fork. I was all for that and gave it a try, but the corn tortillas (there were two for each taco, as there should be) were so dried out that they cracked and the filling fell through to the plate. I resorted to a knife and fork. The real drawback to the tacos, however, was that the pieces of fish were dry and a bit tough. It was a horrible way to treat what was billed as fresh fish. My husband ordered the fish and chips which were OK, but nothing to get excited about. The cole slaw had an interesting twist as they used coconut milk instead of mayo, but the dressing could have used a bit of acid to brighten the flavor. All in all, nothing we had was horrible, but at the prices Coconut’s charges, the food should -- and could -- have been much better.

1  Thank RobynSmith42
Reviewed July 10, 2014

Fish taco, fish taco and fish taco! Fresh and delicious. Great kids choices too and the fish burger was yummy too. Great portions and quality ingredients. Good prices! Stopped in after the beach and ordered lunch. Order at counter and delivered to your table. Ate outside at cute surfboard tables. Service was awesome as they check on you after served. We went there twice on our 10 day trip. Wish we could have squeezed in one more visit.

Reviewed July 9, 2014

Used Trip Advisor once again to find the good places to eat on my trip. Coconuts was at the top of the list and since I was staying in Kihei I had to go.

I think I ate here 7 out of the 9 nights I was on Maui. Fish Tacos.

And you know it's good with the locals and tourists because the line starts to go out the door about 6pm.

Reviewed July 5, 2014

The reviews are not hype. This is super fresh delicious food -- unpretentious but prepared with a lot of TLC. The nice server told us there are 17 different ingredients in the fish tacos and the fish itself was super fresh but the star of the show was the homemade mango salsa. Super Ono! The only bad part -- and NOT the fault of the restaurant -- was that most of the parking spots were taken up with a vintage car exhibition. But not far to walk to get there and the experience was totally worth it. $11 for two big delicious fish tacos. A real find!

Been to Coconut's Fish Cafe? Share your experiences!