“Unique”

Ranked #8 of 187 Restaurants in Kihei
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Takeout
Description: Welcome to Coconut's Fish Cafe, located in the center of Kihei. Coconut's Fish Cafe serves up Maui's finest food with exciting dishes and unique ambiance. At Coconut's Fish Cafe, every dish is created using only the freshest, finest ingredients. We never use microwaves and everything is cooked to order. We serve only the choicest cuts of seafood. Whether you choose to dine at our one-of-a-kind surfboard tables or take-out, our authentic menu and atmosphere make us a must-stop dining experience.
Reviewed January 31, 2014

Housed in a local strip mall, this unassuming but pleasant eatery serves great food with wonderful cheerful service. Order, have a seat and wait (briefly) for freshly made unique takes on fish and seafood preparations. Great fish tacos and perfect fish and chips...even the ubiquitous slaw is freshly imaged with a touch of wasabi. Go....it's really good!!

Write a ReviewReviews (4,473)

Reviewed January 30, 2014

Do not come here expecting a white table cloth restaurant experience with over priced entrees and stuffy service....but if you love fresh fish, great value, great service, friendly staff and an easy laid back atmosphere you will want to eat here everyday. The fish tacos are truly some of the best I have ever had and their portions are plentiful...come with an appetite. The grilled fish specials are amazing, I had the ahi with brown rice...yummy!!! I love great clean fresh food and Coconuts is a real winner! The other reviewer is just wrong...in this price category there is absolutely nothing average about Coconuts.

1  Thank amovablefeast
Reviewed January 29, 2014

Wow. We heard about it, we had to try it. My wife and I each ordered the fish tacos. After a VERY short wait, they brought out two tacos apiece, with instructions to get a lot of napkins (very necessary). "16 different ingredients". The fish was marinated in something and was very flavorful, you could taste it even with all the other ingredients. Two tacos were just right for me (very filling), but too much for my wife. I finished hers - probably a mistake (too much food!). There were people there who came in groups of four and placed three orders, so six tacos for four people, seemed to work out.

The food was delivered fast, the staff was VERY friendly. The only problem is that it is so popular that you might have to wait for a table (and everyone was sharing tables with other folks).

Reviewed January 28, 2014 via mobile

We loved coconuts! I saw a few bad reviews don't listen to these if you like good food! I had the fish tacos they were amazing! So flavorful! My husband had the fish and chips amazing as well!

Would highly recommend this family owned business!

Reviewed January 26, 2014

The fish did not seem fresh to me...Despite its popularity I found it average and was not impressed. The staff was friendly and welcoming though. It was very crowded so other people must like it. It wasn't for me and my husband wasn't impressed either. We felt like there was better food in Kihei (and Maui in general) and were sort of disappointed that we wasted some calories here. Sorry!

Been to Coconut's Fish Cafe? Share your experiences!