“Interesting fish tacos”

Ranked #7 of 186 Restaurants in Kihei
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Takeout
Description: Welcome to Coconut's Fish Cafe, located in the center of Kihei. Coconut's Fish Cafe serves up Maui's finest food with exciting dishes and unique ambiance. At Coconut's Fish Cafe, every dish is created using only the freshest, finest ingredients. We never use microwaves and everything is cooked to order. We serve only the choicest cuts of seafood. Whether you choose to dine at our one-of-a-kind surfboard tables or take-out, our authentic menu and atmosphere make us a must-stop dining experience.
Reviewed July 19, 2013

LIke the atmosphere of this restaurant. Very casual and good for families. Fish tacos had lots of ingredients that made it interesting and flavorful. My son also got the steak sandwich, which was very good. Not a cheap restaurant, but a good value.

Write a ReviewReviews (4,423)

Reviewed July 19, 2013

So juicy and and so big in portion!!! Delicious!
I usually don't like fish burger as they are either dry or fried. This is the best I've ever had!

Reviewed July 18, 2013 via mobile

Went there for an early dinner as we have been craving fish tacos for a while. We had some at the Four Seasons pool on our first day in Maui at the bar where we are staying and thought they were dry and overpriced (well that goes without saying at this hotel)
So that left us with a huge craving for some good local fish tacos.

So we drove down to Kihei which is about ten minutes from Wailea and wow. What a great decision we made. Their Fish Tacos are the best we've ever had !!! They are huge. They use corn tortillas which are better and healthier and lots of fish. For the price it makes you wonder where they get their fish from but it sure tasted fresh. I don't think anyone on Maui gives those kinds of proportions for that price. But hey I'm not one to complain. We also had their New England Clam Chowder which was excellent as well. Lots of fish in it as well and not as heavy as traditional New England Chowder as theirs has no heavy cream base.
My kids had the Garlic Steak sandwich and you cannot go wrong with that either. The bread they use for the sandwich is soft and fantastic.
I spoke to the owners son in law and he basically told me in a nutshell they work 12 to 14 hours a day and everything is made fresh!!
Now that's what I want to hear and trust me with the kind of volume they are doing you have no choice but to work hard and prepare daily.
In the end my wife and I thought that this along with Giovanni's Fish
Tuck in Oahu may have been the tastiest and freshest meals we had while in our month long trip to Hawaii. And that includes all the fancy meals at the Swanky Hotels were staying at.
Heed my advice. Drive to Kihei and go to Coconuts Fish Tacos. You will be very happy that you did!!!!!

Reviewed July 17, 2013

Believe the hype!! Definitely the best fish tacos in Kihei!!

We popped in here for a late lunch after going up to Haleakala for the sunrise and then ziplining in Makawao. Service was good, and all four of us just went with the flow and got the fish tacos.

Wow! Best fish tacos we've had since we were in the Florida Keys!

Excellently prepared mahi, and well-portioned to boot! But that's just half the story, as they literally pile on TONS of fresh ingredients (17 or something like that?), which take these tacos over the top!!

Excellent - just sorry we didn't figure out a way to return before we left the island.

Well done!!

Reviewed July 17, 2013 via mobile

It's a very simple establishment. Go up to the counter and order. Make sure to order the fish tacos even if you get something else and split them. The owner comes to check on you and see how the food is and to tell you about the food. He is great!! Totally nice not annoying...just genuinely interested in his customers. Don't miss this place!!

Been to Coconut's Fish Cafe? Share your experiences!