“Shaka Divers, Kihei, Maui - Excellent experience”
Review of Shaka Divers

Shaka Divers
Edmonton, Canada
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Shaka Divers, Kihei, Maui - Excellent experience”
Reviewed January 5, 2014

Based on six shore dives over three different days our experience with Shaka Divers was excellent. Doug was knowledgeable, safety-conscious, respectful of the environment and knew how to make our diving experience really fun. This was our second vacation on which we went diving and our first time shore diving. There is something to see as soon as you go down. We saw so many cool things - the highlights were the turtles (too many to count), octopus and shark reef. I would highly recommend Shaka Divers to anyone looking for a great diving experience.

Visited December 2013
1 Thank Ellen M

calgary
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“LAYED BACK BUT NOT ON SAFETY”
Reviewed November 27, 2013

Dived with doug nov 2013, 2 tanks at 5 graves. Turtles, small and huge Morays, doug showing off with the little cleaner shrimp in his mouth, the great ink play with the octo and doug ensuring to put it back where the spear hunters would not see it. I am a semi pro intro diver, non certified, 25 dives and doug was the best . It is way better to go out there one one one rather than the big outfits.
thanks doug for a smokin 3 hours.
lewis

Visited November 2013
2 Thank ltj4u
Edmonton, Canada
3 attraction reviews
“Great dives from a Great Guy”
Reviewed June 27, 2013

Shaka Doug might just be one of the best guys out there. He is super knowledgeable and due to the fact hes been diving this area for so long, he knows it like his backyard. We were coming out of a dive at 5 caves and the visibility was near zero, though he navigated us throught the narrow entrance and got us out safe and sound! He picks up litter along the way which is something that all of us as divers should do. If you need a way to relax and get comfortable with the dive, Shaka Doug is your man! If you dont like a relaxed , safe enviroment , take your business else where.

Visited June 2013
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Shaka Divers is top notch!”
Reviewed March 31, 2013 via mobile

Every now and then you have such an amazing thing happen that you just have to tell everyone. That's what happened to me at Shaka Divers. I have been diving for over 25 years. I have never dove Hawaii and since this is my first time going there, I started doing my homework to get a feel for the place. I kept hearing good things about shore diving with Shaka Divers and a guy named Shaka Doug. I only had 3 open days to dive on my short 7 day trip, and I really wanted to make the most of it. I decided I would book with Shaka Doug for my first dive to help get acclimated to the local water. On my second dive, I planned to go to Molokini, Andy third dive was left open. I'm so glad I left the third five open because my first day diving with Shaka Doig totally blew away the Molokini boat dive. Weather was great for diving all week but what made diving with Shaka Divers so much better was Doug's relaxed approach to diving. I felt like I was diving with a good friend who really knew his stuff. We actually saw more animals and marine life from shore than I saw off the boat. My third dive with Shaka Doug was unbelievable! I took him up on his Twilight Two Tank Dive Tour, and that was the icing on the cake.
A lot of dive trips I've been on are rushed and very regulated with rules, procedures, and schedule constraints, but not the case with Doug. He was relaxed and didn't patronize me or anyone else in the group. It was as if he could read our minds and he just intuitive knew how to make each one of us happy.
We saw so much in the five that it would be too hard to list it all but to give you am idea, here's a short list put together of the 2 days (4 dives) I made with him. We saw a couple dozen sea turtles, 4 reef sharks, multiple eels, a stingray, 2 types of octopus, a Spanish dancer and it's eggs, an eagle ray, lobsters, reef squid, 3 (nearly invisible to me) frog fish, plus we heard whales singing. I consider myself kind of an air hog, yet my dives with Shaka Doug were the longest dives I've ever had and I even broke the 1 hour mark (a personal record for me) on the night dive. I was really happy that I chose to five with Shaka Divers and I really feel like I got "more bubbles for our bucks." Thanks, Doug, see you next year!

1 Thank Butterflywisdom
Houston, Texas
63 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 157 helpful votes
“Nice dive with Shaka Doug”
Reviewed January 10, 2013

This was my second time diving with Shaka Doug, and he is an excellent instructor. We saw many things on our shore dive to 5 caves/5 graves, including plenty of turtles, an octopus, a leaf scorpion fish, and a snowflake eel. Doug is very good at finding underwater creatures and pointing them out.

Visited December 2012