“Good food but very expensive” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Cuatro Restaurant

Cuatro Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Cuatro Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 169 Restaurants in Kihei
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Hawaiian, Pacific Rim, Gluten Free
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Good food but very expensive”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014 via mobile

Great seafood. Not so great for vegetarian options. Food is super expensive and on top of that they add a 18% service charge to your bill. For 6 of us it came out to be $200 & three of us shared an entrée!

2 Thank Pooja P

Vancouver, Canada
“Pleasant surprise!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

This place is in a strip mall and is initially unwelcoming from the exterior. That all changes once you set foot inside. We were greeted and seated promptly and the service was perfect. We had the Spicy Tuna Nachos that everyone raved about and they did not disappoint! Yum. We also had the Pupu steak which was delicious and the crab cakes. Would have come back here if it wasn't one of our last nights on the island!

Sedona, AZ
“Best food on Maui”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014

I've been to Cuatro 5 times over the past 2 months- sometiimes with large groups and sometimes only with my boyfriend. I'm a "foodie" and have eaten at all of Maui's "high-end" restaurants. The food at Cuatro is far and above the best I've ever eaten. The ahi nachos are amazing, the seared ahi is out of this world and the mon chong prepared in the classic style with the white truffle oil mashed potatoes are to die for. Everything on the menu is fresh and delicious. The prices are very low by Maui standards and the restaurant allows corkage! Do yourself a flavor favor and eat at this restaurant.

1 Thank Michelle E
Boulder, Colorado
“One of the best.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

This was one of the best restaurants I have ever visited. Great service, amazing steak and fish, and a great location and everything else. A must go!

• Visited August 2013
Rockville, Maryland
“Best Dinner in Kihei!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2014

I went to Cuatro with a group of 4 and we were all blown away by the food at this place. This was my favorite meal on Maui and we had some really delicious meals. We started with the ahi nachos (great!) and the pork quesadillas. The quesadillas I could take or leave. Our friends seemed to like them.

My fiance got the ribeye steak which was seasoned perfectly. SUCH a good steak! I got the seafood stir fry. OMG. Best stir fry ever. And they were out of rice so I got noodles instead and I think this ended up pairing even more perfectly. All 4 of us split the dessert between us (there is only one). It was good, but not essential.

Our friends brought some beer in since it is BYOB and the server was very accommodating, offering a glass to pour it in and to store them in their fridge to keep it cold.

The bill was less than $100 per couple including appetizers, meals, dessert, tax, and tip. I wish we could have gotten a reservation before 6 to get even more of a discount off the tab, but even so this wasn't bad.