“Super Superb Supper”

Cuisines: Asian, Latin
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed August 31, 2011

Loved this classy restaurant, had a fine server and well tasting dishes. The Caesar salad was cool fresh crunchy with that classic taste, a big Caesar fan this is pretty good guys. My brother got the duck quessidilla, I snaked two of them and they were done well with 3 accompaniments that paired gracious.
Normally for the main I go fish, however a previous poster got me interested in the chicken. Bliss, will be trying to concoct this in my own kitchen soon. My brother the big carnivore got the rib-eye. He didn't finish it and passed it my way for the last bite. Pepper
flooded it was a nice one taste and had me wondering if the whole steak was like that. Personally I go for pepper, brother goes for steak period...... and says its the best in Kihei. Sister in law got the Shrimps, I got my fork in it and liked that dish very much too.
Well bro and sis been here before and they copy what they get every time. I will be back to try some other items. They don't have wine here tho you can bring in any bottle and corkage is 7$. You may need two, reds and whites gonna work fine here. Didn't pay much attention to the back of the menu just noticed they have beers. Best meal in awhile and my last review was on Sharkys and gave it the excellent rating cause the kids made me do it. Cuatro is truly excellent and recommended by me the WINE SNOB.

4  Thank QFOX

Reviewed August 11, 2011

I had the tuna nachos which consisted of raw tuna and exactly 6 chips! I also had the duck quesadilla; which was also a very small portion and I am most certain that they forgot the duck! I tasted tortilla and a tiny bit of half melted cheese. My 2 year old wouldn't get full off of this and I spent 25 bucks! The service could have been better. I didn't dine in because the atmosphere is definitely not worth it and the place is smaller than the inside of a Taco Bell! I definitely left feeling cheated, and hungry! The tuna nachos were no really nachos, but if you like raw tuna, then you should like this! You just need to order about 4 orders to get full!

1  Thank mazique1
Reviewed August 11, 2011

Cuatro used to be my favorite restaurant on Maui. The food is still fabulous. I crave the chicken some days, it is amazing.
However, the service has gone downhill dramatically on my last few visits. On my most recent visit (in Aug. 2011), the restaurant had lost its liquor license but we were not told this until we were seated and given water and chips and salsa. We were given the option to byob and to run to Foodland next door but that seemed tacky. That was after we'd arrived on time for our reservation (for 4) and the waiter/host had made us wait because he didn't know where to seat us. It is an incredibly small restaurant and there were people at one or two other tables at the time.
Our waiter seemed disinterested in our table throughout the meal. So, while I normally save room for the dessert (ice cream and fruit sounds simply but it is really amazing), this time my husband and I agreed we wanted to skip it and just get out of there. We actually went across the street for dessert.
The restaurant used to have a general manager who kept the front of the house on par with the back. I'm not sure what happened to him but I haven't seen him on our last two visits. Before then, that place was wonderful. I would pinch pennies so we could back to Cuatro sooner than later. Now I'm not sure if I ever want to return.

1  Thank hitraveler76
Reviewed July 23, 2011

Our first clue should have been location: small strip mall, between a nail salon and a used clothing store.
When we arrived, we were told that they recently lost their alcohol license. If we wanted wine, we needed to walk next door to the grocery store and buy our own. Which we did. Shockingly, we were charged a corkage fee on the final bill.
The food was OK, but an extremely limited menu. In fact, the only dessert was ice cream.
They will not be open next year.

1  Thank jkmlaw
Reviewed July 7, 2011

You have to put this in perspective.Most of the food on Maui is overpriced and not very good. That being said, we sought out Cuatro because of the Trip Adviser reviews. To begin with, the restaurant is in a strip mall next to the police station and a sketchy looking re-sale store that you need to walk by to go to the bathroom. Now for the food, I had the house style fish that wasn't great and I also had the award winning ahi tuna nachos which should not be award winning. My wife and daughter had the pork that was mealy tasting and just not that interesting. My wife and daughter also had the duck quesadilla and they were average like what you would get in an average mexican restaurant. All in all I couldn't recommend this restaurant. It does not deserve such a high rating on trip advisor.
Also recently they lost their liquor license so BYO if you decide to go. If not there is a Foodland next door.
One good thing was the service. The waiter was great.

1  Thank PortlandTravlin_man

Been to Cuatro Restaurant? Share your experiences!