“Yummy”

Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed January 29, 2014

The food was delicious. Sampled our friends Loco Moco and liked, wish we had ordered it too. The service was good. The banana muffins are good, but they don't have nuts so their okay. Must go upstairs and look at all of the crazy photos that they have hanging on the walls.

Reviewed January 29, 2014

Aloha nui....I am kamaaina since 1983...My wife and I enjoy Fred's several times a week...I've been reading some of the reviews and most are very positive...Interestingly enough, the negative reviews seem to compare Fred's with their mainland favorites...Relax! This is Maui!

We return again and again to Fred's because of the staff, management team (especially Penny), menu selection and food, environment and decor, location, and value...In that order...

Continue what you're doing Fred's...I was there this morning and I'll be there tomorrow!

Reviewed January 26, 2014

My husband and I are here as it was recommended by a friend. I had their fish tacos and my husband had their shrimp special dish. The food was very tasty and flavorful. My Pina Colada was decent but not much alcohol.
What could have been better was the service. Our waitress was not over attentive nor friendly. We heard another waitress talking at the table next to us and she appeared to do her job well, but not ours. We had to ask for chips and salsa. We had to ask about the specials. She took forever to bring the chips and salsa and to get my 2nd drink.

Reviewed January 19, 2014

The food was great. Service could have bee a little better. Very loud, but was during NFC Championship. There were birds flying and walking around in the restaurant. Not sure if that would meet health regulations.

Reviewed January 18, 2014

We went her for breakfast. The food and service was good. Breakfast menu is reasonably priced. You can also fine a coupon in Maui magazine you can get 2 for 1.