“Really good breakfast and dinner”

Fred's Mexican Cafe
Ranked #34 of 185 Restaurants in Kihei
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed February 9, 2013

We had breakfast here two times and dinner once. For breakfast I had their skillet breakfast and a banana muffin. Both excellent. For dinner I had a burrito and it too was very good. The service was fast and efficient. We were fortunate enough to be able to walk here from our condo, so very convenient.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,941)

Reviewed February 6, 2013

My husband and I were staying in Kihei for 5 days and weren't interested in spending a fortune on eating out. However, we did want good food. Well we were pleasantly surprised with Fred's. Very reasonable prices, large portions, and best of all, yummy food. We kept going back because the food was excellent and good value. Fish tacos are to die for. And if you can manage to snag a table overlooking the ocean, you can watch the sunset while you're having dinner. Highly recommend Fred's if you're a fan of Mexican food.

Reviewed February 4, 2013

Fred's is a must stop in Maui for Mexican food. The atmosphere is great, tons of outdoor seating and also - SUPER food!! I have had quite a few kinds of tacos, burritos and other options. All have been great! They also have killer margaritas as well as a pretty good list of tequila. Taco Tuesday is a great deal - BUT - be prepared for a LONG wait. Good news is that you can cruise upstairs to Moose Mcgillycuddys for a cold brew.
Make sure to razzz the guys about the soccer jerseys and take your picture out front with the goofy sign!!

Reviewed February 4, 2013

The fish burritos were awesome - and huge. Sunset just out the front window (although not a romantic place by any means!)

Reviewed February 2, 2013

Had a really good time at Fred 's. Tried a flavored margarita & it was excellent. Both my husband & I enjoyed our meals. Huge portions. Awesome service & food. Great evening. Great view. A must do when in kihei if you like Mexican food.

1  Thank Blintzbaby