“Disappointment.”

Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed December 5, 2012 via mobile

Food was good until I got a plastic pic that was buried in my taco caught in my throat. Worse was attitude by server. An apology would be acceptable, probably would have garnered a tip.

There are newer reviews for Fred's Mexican Cafe

Reviewed December 3, 2012

Being from So Cal, I know what good mexican food is. For being on an island in the middle of the Pacific Ocean, this place is pretty good. What really makes it the best place is the price. For Maui, the prices are comparable to ordering at a place on the mainland. Maui is very expensive and this is a place where your wallet does not take such a hit. The staff is very friendly and welcoming. I will be back.

Reviewed December 2, 2012

Good food, good prices, excellent service and a beautiful view. I came with my family and left a happy camper. It is a very fun environment and the prices were great and the food was excellent. Nothing more I can ask for in a restaurant!

Reviewed December 2, 2012

Some of the friendliest service we had on Maui as we enjoyed our server pointing out the whales surfacing on the horizon. it was a great view of the sea! However, the steak burrito and fish tacos were average and not very memorable. Would not return for that reason.

Reviewed December 1, 2012

I never thought I would be dining on Mexican in Maui, but we did - more than once, because it was so good. It is open late and the atmosphere is fun. We always had a nice table outside, overlooking the beach. I love hot sauces so I was probably sold when they brought several different varieties to the table. We also had a nice breakfast there and used a coupon in one of the tourist magazines.