“Great experience!”
Review of Maui Dive Shop

Maui Dive Shop
More attraction details
Owner description: Maui Dive Shop offers small group SCUBA diving trips to at least two different destinations every day of the week. Maka Koa, our Pro 48' V-Hull, twin-engine, jet driven dive boat, takes up to 24 divers out of Maalaea Harbor, providing comfortable seating and amenities for a quick, safe, convenient ride to each dive location. The boat is equipped with a marine head (bathroom), fresh water shower, padded seating, and all necessary safety equipment. Knowledgeable crew members will provide an on board briefing to familiarize you with the boat, our equipment, and the spectacular marine life. A full breakfast and deli lunch, as well as refreshments, will be served on board. Free transportation from the South & West sides of the island is also available. NOTE: We do offer Introductory Dives from the beach for anyone interested in trying SCUBA diving.
Reviewed March 12, 2014

I went on a morning dive trip with Maui Dive Shop, and it was wonderful. They picked me up from my condo, outfitted me with everything I needed, and we had a fabulous day on the water. Sam was great company in the car and on the boat, and John was the best dive master! Our captain was wonderful too. We saw whales on the way to our dive spot (Molokini), and John pointed out tons of stuff underwater. Overall, it was a great experience!

Greg S, Manager at Maui Dive Shop, responded to this reviewResponded March 16, 2014

Arch1001,

Mahalo for taking the time to write us such a stellar review! We're stoked to hear that your dive experience with us was so great, from the start to the finish. Hopefully we'll see you back underwater again soon!

Reviewed March 9, 2014

We have traveled on Ili'i Nui and today took a dive trip on Moka Koa. The services of Maui Dive Shop are all terrific. Today was my first scuba trip. We went to Lanai with skipper Ben and had a wonderful trip. Sam was on my scuba trip today and was on my snorkel sail to Molokini a few days ago. She did an excellent job on both charters. She was my dive leader on Lanai and gave me a lot of confidence as a beginner. She was thorough with the briefing, very safety-oriented, kept her group together and pointed out lots of underwater sights and wildlife. I had a terrific first scuba trip and will book again through Maui Dive Shop. Aloha!

Mike M,

Mahalo for taking the time to write us such a great review! We're happy to hear that your experiences with Sam aboard the Alii Nui and the Maka Koa were both stellar. Lanai is an absolutely beautiful place to dive. Hopefully we'll see you back underwater again soon!

Reviewed March 9, 2014

Loved the dives. My wife and I have dived in Hawaii many times, this time we did Maui's Molokini crater as well as the back wall which was spectacular. The difference with MDS and other HI dive shops was the attention to detail. It was about a 50 minute trip to Molokini and MDS takes advantage with a hearty eggs, bacon and pastry breakfast (more than we've seen on any other dive boat) but more importantly a good detailed dive brief which we as occasional divers really appreciated. Other HI dives we've done were pretty laid back with us splashing into the water right away with little to no dive brief or review of communication signs which can vary depending on where in the world you dive. We also loved the fact that the DM took less experienced divers back to the surface when they were low on air and came back down so the rest of us could max our bottom times, nice touch. Our DM was Ian, who I would rate as one of the best instructors we've dived with. Very detailed, very safety conscious, and very friendly. He made our dive experience very relaxed, entertaining and informative. The boat Captain was Mark, a big man which a few Tripadvisor's have suggested being a bit arrogant, but I would say confident and assured. Definitely someone you want to have as skipper of a boat, especially if you encounter trouble. He stopped twice on the way back so the guests could view whales in the area. No need to do a whale watching tour after that. Next time in Maui, we will definitely go with Maui Dive Shop. I just hope they do the Cathedrals in Lanai, that's next on our list!

R S,

Mahalo for taking the time to write us such a grand and detailed review! We truly appreciate it. We're so happy to hear that your whole experience with us was awesome and that our attention to detail shone through. We can't wait to see you back underwater with us again soon!

Greg S

PS We do head out to Lanai to dive the Cathedrals, so you're in luck!

Reviewed March 9, 2014

Jim was the dive master for 2 shore dives on Friday, and was both personable & professional. Obviously an accomplished diver, he took the time to ensure I got as much out of the dives as possible. He pointed out some rare creatures I hadn't seen before, as well as imparted some great local knowledge.

I highly recommend Maui Dave Shop, and Jim as a Dive Master.

John L,

Mahalo for taking the time to write us such a great review! We're glad to hear your shore dive experience with Jim was an excellent one, that you got to see some rare critters, and that you learned a bit too! Hopefully we'll see you back underwater again soon!

Reviewed March 9, 2014

My diving experience with Maui Dive shop was the highlight of an amazing trip. Everything from my refresher course to my 2 tank Molokini and Turtle Town dive was professional and exceeded expectation. Amos got me through my refresher course and was so good as an instructor that I felt confident enough to book the boat dive. I was lucky again to have Amos on the boat dive in addition to the rest of the great crew (Boat ride out to site also served as a whale watch). Breakfast was provided, including fruits and nut mix for us vegans). Everyone was super helpful and informative. They did everything for you (setting up tanks, etc), all I had to do was remember to breathe and enjoy the gorgeous dives (which included an amazing Dolphin show, unbelievable!). Again, Amos helped make it special by pointing out all the different sights while somehow keeping an eye on all 4 divers in our group. A really well run operation, I recommend for divers at all levels of experience, snorkelers too.

Micbristol,

Mahalo for taking the time to write us such a great review! We're glad to hear that we were the highlight of your trip and that our staff helped you feel at ease and relaxed so you could fully enjoy all the wonders of Maui's underwater world. Hopefully we'll see you back underwater again soon!