“Open Water Dive Certification Referral”
Review of Maui Dive Shop

Maui Dive Shop
More attraction details
Owner description: Maui Dive Shop offers small group SCUBA diving trips to at least two different destinations every day of the week. Maka Koa, our Pro 48' V-Hull, twin-engine, jet driven dive boat, takes up to 24 divers out of Maalaea Harbor, providing comfortable seating and amenities for a quick, safe, convenient ride to each dive location. The boat is equipped with a marine head (bathroom), fresh water shower, padded seating, and all necessary safety equipment. Knowledgeable crew members will provide an on board briefing to familiarize you with the boat, our equipment, and the spectacular marine life. A full breakfast and deli lunch, as well as refreshments, will be served on board. Free transportation from the South & West sides of the island is also available. NOTE: We do offer Introductory Dives from the beach for anyone interested in trying SCUBA diving.
Reviewed March 21, 2013

I had completed my PADI dive classes, pool dives and exams back home in CT and on my vacation to Maui, I finished up my open water dives (4 total) with Maui Dive Shop. They were fantastic. Juan, my instructor was great and I highly recommend him to anyone learning how to dive. He was patient and thorough and it was clear that he loved diving.
My one recommendation to anyone finishing up their dive certification, is to make sure that you bring not only your referral paperwork with you (which I told ahead of time to bring with me) but also bring a set of dive tables and a logbook. I was not told that I needed to bring them (even though I probably should have assumed I'd need them) and the shop made me buy a new set which set me back an additional $50. Other than that, the place was perfect. I will definitely dive with them again if I go back to Maui.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,135)
All reviews
in 42 reviews
"breakfast and lunch"
in 30 reviews

Reviewed March 21, 2013

These guys totally know what they are doing and have the system down! Six divers per dive master, excellent safety instruction and dive site orientation. The crew was friendly and helpful. Matt and Dave Early were excellent dive masters, particularly Dave who spent time after the dive helping me identify fish from the book on board. Ian and Alex were the van drivers who picked me up at the hotel, right on time, and drove me back. Ben was a terrific captain! Molokini Crater and St. Andrew's Wreck on the first day, and two sites at Lanai'i the second - Cathedral I and Sergeant major. Each was different - just a terrific combination. I highly recommend Maui Dive Shop - could not have had a more positive experience.

Reviewed March 19, 2013

Maui dive shop was great about setting up arrangements long distance and working with my schedule during my time on Maui. They were really flexible and helpful. Brandon did an outstanding job of helping us get our requirements for PADI certification. Great experience!

Reviewed March 19, 2013

Planning to complete my Open Water Certification while in Maui, my research and recommendations led me to Maui Dive Shop. My great experience began right away with the booking over the phone. The knowledgeable and super flexible staff had me quickly signed up for what turned out to be 1:1 training with Nick. Which was refreshing given how nervous I was!

Nick and the dives proved beyond what I expected. His flexibility of meeting me at a beach in front of my hotel was awesome! I told Nick I wanted to see a turtle on each dive.. and sure enough he found us turtles and pointed out more fish than I can remember the names of! We moved at my pace over the course of 2 days and 4 dives completing all the necessary safety exercises and lots of time exploring.

I am Scuba certified and looking forward to the next trip out with Maui Dive Shop!

See more reviews
Reviewed March 17, 2013

We had a great experience on our trip with Maui Dive shop. It was my son's first dive off of a boat since getting certified this spring. John picked us up and took us to to the boat, which was great not having to worry about driving so early. The breakfast was great (pastries, eggs, bacon) as we headed out to our site. They were very professional and focused on safety. Both dives were great. John happened to also be our dive master and he was very patient and answered many questions with the new divers. I also thoroughly enjoyed chatting with Ben, the captain, who had many great stories from his years as a diver and researcher. Mike and Alex were also great. They focused on making it a great experience for all.