“Happy Repeat Customer”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Maui Dive Shop

Maui Dive Shop
More attraction details
Owner description: Maui Dive Shop offers small group SCUBA diving trips to at least two different destinations every day of the week. Maka Koa, our Pro 48' V-Hull, twin-engine, jet driven dive boat, takes up to 24 divers out of Maalaea Harbor, providing comfortable seating and amenities for a quick, safe, convenient ride to each dive location. The boat is equipped with a marine head (bathroom), fresh water shower, padded seating, and all necessary safety equipment. Knowledgeable crew members will provide an on board briefing to familiarize you with the boat, our equipment, and the spectacular marine life. A full breakfast and deli lunch, as well as refreshments, will be served on board. Free transportation from the South & West sides of the island is also available. NOTE: We do offer Introductory Dives from the beach for anyone interested in trying SCUBA diving.
Athens, Georgia
“Happy Repeat Customer”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 22, 2012

A little more than 100 dives over the course of 11 years with Maui Dive Shop and I keep coming back for more. The Maka Koa is a great boat to dive from, its a little bigger than most of the other dive boats operating in Maui County, so I think it handles the rough days a bit better. The crew has always taken good care of me and my gear is always in working order. I've never had an issue with their rental gear. My trips to Lanai with MDS have been my favorite however I still enjoy an "easy" day of diving at Molokini.

In short, I've had many fantastic memories that will last me a lifetime with Maui Dive Shop. I highly recommend them for your scuba and / or snorkeling needs while your visiting Maui.

Greg S, Manager at Maui Dive Shop, responded to this review, January 1, 2013
Aloha Steve, we do love all of our customers but when we have a repeat customer coming back for so many years says alot. Thank you for the review and we look forward to your next trip out on the Maka Koa. Mahalo and A hui Ho

10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Awesome dive outfit”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 22, 2012 via mobile

I have dove with several outfits on Maui and Kauai MDS is one of the best. Professional and knowledgable staff. I had a great time and look forward to diving with them again.

Kihei, Hawaii
“Best Dive Experience Ever!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 22, 2012

Maui Dive shop made my open water and advanced open water certification completely worth while!! It has been one of the best experiences of my life hands down!! I really recommend diving with Sam P.. She is super enthusiastic, exciting and really fun! She is very knowledgeable about the area, and can teach you a lot about diving and the species around you, even if you are experienced! She pays a lot of attention to detail and can point out/find the coolest and rarest species of marine life!! She makes diving a ton of fun, while also making you feel very safe! If Sam is unavailable, then Wayne Allen is also an amazing leader/instructor as well! Maui Dive shop takes you to really amazing sites, where you're going to maximize the type of wild life you will see! You can do beach dives, or boat dives... both which offer different, but amazing experiences! The boat dive is really amazing, because you get a wonderful breakfast and lunch (with the option of being picked up from your hotel) and you get to voyage out to molokini, with a high chance of seeing whales up close (if you visit at the right season). Beach dives are very cool too because you can explore reefs and caves and see lots of cool wild life, and huge turtles, and can even scuba in the dark! This place has great equipment and has excellent customer service, so if you're looking for a company to dive with, this company is hands down the place to choose.

Greg S, Manager at Maui Dive Shop, responded to this review, January 1, 2013
Thank you for your review. We love hearing from all of our customers, especially ones that have dove with so many other shops. And to hear we have captured your business means alot. We look forward to our next dives with you. Mahalo and A Hui Ho (untill we meet again)
Buenos Aires, Argentina
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Experience!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 18, 2012

This company is the best!! They have all the equipment and experience you need to have a wonderful diving experience!! Jimi and Nick (the instructors) were so cool. They pick you up at the hotel and you also get a lot of food before and after diving. Diving in Maui is a wonderful experience, with so much to see! You must really go to Molokini Crater!Just a piece of advice: do not accept the pictures, that's a rip off! We paid $50 for a cd with pictures and there were only five pictures of us.

Visited November 2012
Molalla, Oregon, United States
“First time diver”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 16, 2012

My dad and I had a great dive with Brandon! This was the first time I had been diving and was a bit nervous to begin with. Brandon was awesome! He made me feel really comfortable and made everything simple, including how to communicate underwater! I liked it so much, I'll probably go home and get certified! Thanks Brandon!

Greg S, Manager at Maui Dive Shop, responded to this review, December 18, 2012
Mahalo for your comments. We do love showing people this amazing sport we do. We hope you come back to us as a certified diver. Best of Luck and see you soon