“Perfect combination of snorkeling and kayaking”
Review of Maui Kayaks

Maui Kayaks
Book In Advance
Makena Turtle Town Eco Adventure in Maui
Ka'anapali Kayak and Snorkel Adventure
Makena Whale Watching and Snorkel
Reviewed February 21, 2014

A delightful small group of six experience. John was right on top of everything- He was knowledgable on how to use all the equipment and guided us to the best-ever reef for snorkeling.
We saw many whales and two even gently surfaced about 15 feet away from our kayak.
The reef was beautiful and very active with sealife- including giant turtles that hung around to greet us as we snorkled.
Refreshing fresh food picnic. Best deli-style turkey sandwhich ever!

social m, Administrator at Maui Kayaks, responded to this reviewResponded February 22, 2014

Thank you Lois for your review! We are glad that you enjoyed your time with us and that it was a great experience! Mahalo.

Reviewed February 2, 2014

WOW, I kayaked with whales. Carney was the most amazing guide. He's the whale whisperer - really! He has a natural connection with these beautiful and gentle creatures of the ocean. This kayak outing was not just a highlight of a really fun week in Maui, it was a life-changing, spiritual experience. We didn't just watch whales, we interacted with them. I'm not kidding. I was in complete awe as we watched a momma and calf from a respectful distance. I took one paddle forward and, boom, the male escort appeared as a barrier between us and them. Ok, we'll watch from a distance! Then, the three of them came over to us and frolicked 10-feet in front of us for about 5 minutes. It was such an intense and truly awe-some experience, my eyes filled with tears. This is an experience I will never, ever forget. If you're thinking about a kayak outing, ask for Carney. Of course, your experience won't be exactly the same -- no two trips are -- but it will be amazing.

1  Thank Jurysan
social m, Administrator at Maui Kayaks, responded to this reviewResponded February 4, 2014

Thank you so much for your really great review! We are very happy that we were able to enable such a meaningful experience for you! Mahalo.

Reviewed January 21, 2014

We went out for the 3 hour Ka'anapali Kruise with James and had a great time! James was terrific and very helpful to the Chinese family group with us. James did a great job of coaching us and making us feel confident on the water. We went out about 3 miles or more and even Maui was looking small. It was a perfect day and we got back without being too tired to snorkel for a bit. We saw four turtles as we snorkeled and got back in fine shape. Thanks James for a great morning!!!! James, e-mail us the whale photo! Mark & Debby Sherrod

social m, Administrator at Maui Kayaks, responded to this reviewResponded January 23, 2014

Hi Mark and Debbie, thank you for your really great review. We are glad you had a good time on your tour and we will pass your message along to James. Mahalo!

Reviewed January 7, 2014

John was very attentive to our group, especially my parents. He's extremely positive and energetic, which is key when you're on kayak tour. Would recommend this group and John 100%!

social m, administrator at Maui Kayaks, responded to this reviewResponded January 8, 2014

Thank you for taking time out to give us a review Karen. So glad your your trip with us was a great experience and yes, John is one of our top guides, glad you enjoyed him. Mahalo.

Reviewed January 6, 2014

Firstly, I'm not a fan of the water and thought the kayaking alone might be fun...I didn't book the 5 hour tour and was surprised to find out we were snorkelling as well. I'm a very weak swimmer so I was a little nervous.

I have to say this was one of the best experiences I've had in many years, the kayaking was pretty easy and the water was far more buoyant than I could have guessed. John (our guide) was very knowledgeable and so calm and fun.

John was able to find the sea life so easily, it seemed every time we went somewhere, other groups (from other tour companies) started to follow us as we were always rewarded with tons of turtles, octopi, and a silly amount of other stunning sea life.

My group was myself and two couples. I was the only novice to kayaking and snorkelling. Once the basics were discussed and practiced it became quite easy to stay with everyone. I spent part of the time snorkelling with my life vest on as I knew I'd be the weakest swimmer. But everyone was patient and encouraging and snorkelling without a vest soon became easy and far more fun.

1. Super easy to find.
2. Super fun.
3. Amazing sea life.
4. Great instruction and guide expertise.
5. Going back? Absolutely!

I later went into Kihei and bought my own snorkelling gear from Snorkel Bob's. I spent some time snorkelling by myself afterwards in front of the Andaz where I was staying. I'm officially a snorkel addict and can't wait to learn how to scuba.

Thank you so much for your really great review! We are very happy that you had such a good experience with us, enjoy your snorkelling! Mahalo.