“Excellent Snorkel Tour with Jeffery”
Review of Maui Snorkel Tours

Maui Snorkel Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: Suzzy Robinson "The Snorkel Whisperer" brings over 30 years experience of scuba diving and snorkeling off Maui waters to each and every snorkel tour. These days it's all about numbers/business/bottom line. Not with Suzzy - Suzzy has held true to her baseline of quality not quantity which is almost extinct. Snorkeling off the shoreline in a small group of 2-7 persons allows you the VERY BEST Maui waters have to offer. It is a discovery snorkel tour for all ages and sill levels. Shallow water sites No experience necessary Patient Instruction Small Groups Top of the line snorkel equipment provided All ages With this unique tour you won't be exposing yourself to large boats with herds of people, rough seas, contained snorkel area, deep waters, and limited reef and fishes to see. Suzzy's passion for life, ocean and Maui are what you can expect. You too will walk away from your snorkel tour with a thrilling Peak Life Experience that will last forever.
Novato, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Excellent Snorkel Tour with Jeffery”
Reviewed April 12, 2014

Similar to other reviews, we had a great experience with Maui Snorkel Tours. Our guide for the day was Jeffery Taylor. Jeffery took great care of us and adapted to the various levels of experience in our group. They matched my wife and me up with a family of six for the tour, so it took us a bit more time than expected to get started (lots of fins, masks, and wet suits to fit) but nobody was in a hurry so it was fine. (If you are in a rush, you might want to ask for and pay for a private tour.) Jeffery took us to a great spot and guided us out through the coral to a turtle cleaning spot where we got a very good look at 8-12 sea turtles, which was a highlight to our whole Maui trip. Jeffery grew up in the water in Hawaii and demonstrates the respect he has for the sea life and the power of the sea - very safety conscious and alert. All in all, a fantastic experience! Oh, and the post-dive banana bread was great!

Visited April 2014
1 Thank alansaun

• Korean first
Minneapolis, Minnesota
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“Great experience!”
Reviewed April 11, 2014

We went out with Ed as Suzzy was out of town. It ended up being just our group of 4. We met him at the shop. He fitted us with our equipment and made sure we were all comfortable. I am not a strong swimmer and asked for a flotation device so I would feel more comfortable. We then followed him to the snorkel location. Because of the waves that day Ed took us out first and said he would do the teaching part (about the history of the area and what sea life is found there, etc.) after as he didn't want the waters to be too choppy for us.
We started out slowly and from shore and gradually made our way out. He pointed out various fish, urchins, coral, etc. as we progressed. He tows a body board in case anyone is feeling tired and needs to hang on.
Unfortunately, one of the kids started to get pretty sea sick and we had to turn back before we got to the area where the sea turtles frequent. The board Ed was towing came in very handy then! Ed had brought snacks and drinks. We then sat on the beach and he taught us about the fish, the history of the area, other sea creatures.
Very good experience and nice to have someone who makes you feel comfortable and who is so knowledgeable about the area and the sea life.
Highly recommend!

Visited June 2013
1 Thank DrMacGyver
Everett, Washington
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“You will not be disappointed”
Reviewed April 9, 2014

I picked this tour based on all the other reviews posted here and I have to say they were all spot on. My wife and I had done the Molokini snorkel tour on a previous trip to Maui and didn't really get a lot of snorkel experience. This time we brought our 8 year old son, so we booked a private tour with Maui Snorkel Tours. The woman who booked the tour was very nice and helpful in getting us in to a spot. The morning we showed up for the tour, we met all of the crew and they were all very nice and friendly. Suzzy was our guide for the day and she was very relaxed and patient with my family. My wife was nervous about my 8 year old son going out past the shore and Suzzy was great in keeping her relaxed and also inspiring confidence in my son. She spends a lot of time making sure your equipment fits you properly, and even brought out extra masks in the water in case she needed to make adjustments. The tour does start a little slow, as she makes sure you know what kind of creatures you will be looking for. Once we got out in the water and started exploring the reef it was amazing. She brings a boogie board out that everyone can hang on to if they are feeling nervous, which was great for my son. He actually got enough confidence to snorkel around on his own for a bit. She showed us some amazing sites on the reef. We were probably out on the reef for about 2 hours. When we came in she had some delicious snacks and we talked about the experience. Ask about her homemade marshmallows! We were very pleased with our tour and would definitely recommend this to anyone who wants to snorkel in Maui.

Visited April 2014
Grants Pass, Oregon
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“March 2014”
Reviewed March 29, 2014

We went out with Ed (Suzzys husband) and had a fantastic time. This was our second trip with them and both times were excellent. The snorkel location was the same each time but it really is a great spot. There is no way I would have been able to find the turtle cleaning stations on my own as they were through a maze of coral and out quite a ways. Ed took great care of my wife who is not a strong swimmer. He also took a lot of pictures and emailed them to us after the snorkel. We saw turtles galore! I would highly recommend them!

Visited March 2014
2 Thank ORNateOR
Chicago, IL
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Perfect, Couldn't Have Had This Experience Without Them”
Reviewed March 23, 2014

My husband does not swim and is uncomfortable in the water. I couldn’t believe it when I found that Maui Snorkel specializes in snorkel experiences for just such a person. We booked the first private before arriving, and my husband loved it so much that we immediately booked another session for our second week. Jeffrey was our teacher and guide. He is an exceptional teacher: knowledgeable, patient, and attentive. He spent the first half of the session completely familiarizing my husband with the process and safety considerations and learning about our needs. He made absolutely sure that he/we were as prepared and comfortable as possible. In the water he narrated the entire time, pointing out fish, turtles, coral while regularly checking in to insure we were OK. At the end, he provides water and refreshment. He is a really great person, warm and open; and a very good teacher. I highly recommend him and the Maui Snorkel operation.

Visited February 2014