“Great exoerience for our kids”

Waves Hawaii Surf School
and up
3 Day Surf Camp on Maui
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Owner description: Surf with the best in the world, our professional big wave surfer Inaldo Vieira and Billabong surfer girl Val Frey. Welcome to Waves Hawaii Surf and Stand up Paddle School. We are the only Billabong Surf School in Maui! We offer the most private and the best choice for surfing lessons in Kihei Maui. Surf with our world class instructors, and we also offer girls surf camps with Billabong all ver the world. We look forward to making your dreams of surfing come true!
Useful Information: Activities for young children
Reviewed August 2, 2013

We tried a surf lesson for our kids (10 and 12 years old, absolute beginners) and it was so much fun that they wanted to take a second lesson on the following day! Kristie was a great teacher: despite our kids could speak only a bit of English, they were able to learn a lot in two days!
We could also buy a CD with great pictures of our kids in action....

Reviewed July 25, 2013

Our family of 5 (2 adults, kids 16, 14 and 11) enjoyed our first surfing experience with the Waves school last week. The instructors were very personable and the constant 2 to 3 ft break made getting up on the board relatively easy even for the less athletically inclined (me). We scheduled the 9AM to 11AM class and my only complaint is that by the second hour the area we were surfing became extremely congested with other surfers. Almost to the point where safety could have been an issue. I'm not saying this is any fault of the school but it's something that others should consider, particularly if you have younger kids. I saw several collisions that would not have been fun for smaller children. Despite this slight drawback, the experience of surfing was a highlight of the trip. Our kids couldn't wait to post pictures of themselves riding a wave.

Reviewed July 24, 2013

We took 2 kids aged 8 and 10 for surfing lessons. It was a really windy day and the instructor warned us that it might be really challenging for the boys. We were pleasantly surprised when both boys got up on their boards and surfed on their first try! They had a blast for the full 2 hours. I highly recommend Waves Hawaii Surf School. The professional photos were awesome as well!

Reviewed June 30, 2013

Our son took 6 of the wedding guests on a pre-wedding surfing lesson. There were 6 guests total. The instructor was great. He gave step by step instructions to all the novice first time surfers. All 6 were successful in riding multiple waves for over 2 hours. I would highly recommend this group of instructors and this business for a fun time on Maui.

Reviewed June 4, 2013

I have never surfed before and I took a surf lesson with Brooks while in maui last week and it was awesome! He is very good at helping a beginner like me and I was up within minutes and spent the rest of the lesson riding waves. I had so much fun I brought my wife back the next day for another lesson. I would highly recommend Waves Surf School! Make sure and ask for Brooks!!

1  Thank Kyle B