“I can't believe I surfed!”

Waves Hawaii Surf School
Book In Advance
More Info
$78.12*
and up
Surf Lessons in Maui
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Owner description: Surf with the best in the world, our professional big wave surfer Inaldo Vieira and Billabong surfer girl Val Frey. Welcome to Waves Hawaii Surf School. We are the only Billabong Surf School in Maui! We offer the most private and the best choice for surfing lessons in Kihei Maui. Surf with our world class instructors, and we also offer girls surf camps with Billabong all ver the world. We look forward to making your dreams of surfing come true!
Useful Information: Activities for young children
Hoboken, New Jersey
“I can't believe I surfed!”
Reviewed September 17, 2012

A friend who lives in Kehei recommended Waves Hawaii for my first lesson, stating they were the best surfing school in town. My fiancé and I had the BEST Time and decided it was our favorite thing we did in Maui!

We signed up for the group lesson, but it turned out our group was only me and my fiancé - private lesson for the price of the group!

Brooks was our instructor and we both can't say enough great things about his lesson. After a quick tutorial on land, we got right in the water, and with just a little coaching, we were able to get up and surf! I definitely wouldn't have been able to get up without Brooks helping us along the first few times until we could push off on our own.

Fabulous experience, with Fabulous staff! Can't wait to do it again!

Visited May 2012
WavesHawaii1, Owner at Waves Hawaii Surf School, responded to this review, January 21, 2013
We are so happy to hear that it was your favorite thing you did in Maui! We feel the same and are so happy to teach and share our love of surfing and the ocean with people like you guys!!! Great to hear and come and see us again when your in Maui!
Much Aloha

Montreal, Canada
3 attraction reviews
“Excellent lesson!”
Reviewed September 16, 2012

Seriously, if you want to take a surf lesson, choose these guys. My husband and I took a private lesson with Brooks, and he was simply awsome. He made us comfortable from the begining, gave us good tips throughout the session, he was reassuring and fun. John was taking good pictures and giving us useful feedback as well. We really had a great time! And now, looking at the pictures, we are even proud!

Visited September 2012
WavesHawaii1, Owner at Waves Hawaii Surf School, responded to this review, February 4, 2013
Great to hear how much you guys enjoyed yourselves! Please come back and see us again when your in Maui!
Much Aloha
Silicon Valley
24 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 52 helpful votes
“Brooks is awesome”
Reviewed September 5, 2012

Took surf and SAP lessons from Brooks and loved them both. Totally good, patient teacher who is really fun to be with and knowledgeable. The waves in Kihei are babies so ou are nearly guaranteed to stand up, so long as you follow his direction. Stand up paddling was a total blast and we went way out from the beach and saw tons of sea turtles. Go early as you can when the water is glassy.
John Lynhc was there to take action photos and while you might think this is just another excuse to take your money, he is a very good photographer. We got some really memorable shots. Made me look like I actually can surf.

Visited September 2012
2 Thank Staten7
WavesHawaii1, Owner at Waves Hawaii Surf School, responded to this review, February 12, 2013
Thanks for coming out and glad you enjoyed!
Mahalo
Maui, Hawaii
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“AWESOME, FUN, EXCITING, CALMING!!!”
Reviewed August 31, 2012

I had a private lesson with Carlos today and was amazed. He is a great instructor. He was patient and had a calming affect about him that gave me confidence. I was riding my first wave after about 10 minutes in the water. I also got great photos from the photographer, John. His photos would make you think that you'ld been surfing for years. I had such a great time today, that I will be back in the water, riding the waves tomorrow.

Visited August 2012
1 Thank Vel83112
Carlos is great, and thanks for your kind words! We hope you keep surfing and come and see us again!
Aloha
Newmarket, Ontario, Canada
“sweet surfing experinence”
Reviewed August 30, 2012

We had a lesson with Val, who was a great teacher. Made it very easy out in the water as well as comfortable. The professional photographer, Johnny was really fun and also helpful in the water. As well as taking some awesome pictures. Overall a great company because instead of having 80 people in the water like some surf schools it was only around 9 or 10 which allows you to catch waaaay more waves

Visited August 2012
Val is awesome, and we are so glad you liked our small group classes! We try to keep it very personal and really teach Aloha and how to ride waves!
See you when you are back in Maui!
Aloha