“Personal service!”

and up
3 Day Surf Camp on Maui
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Owner description: Surf with the best in the world, our professional big wave surfer Inaldo Vieira and Billabong surfer girl Val Frey. Welcome to Waves Hawaii Surf School. We are the only Billabong Surf School in Maui! We offer the most private and the best choice for surfing lessons in Kihei Maui. Surf with our world class instructors, and we also offer girls surf camps with Billabong all ver the world. We look forward to making your dreams of surfing come true!
Useful Information: Activities for young children
Dallas, Texas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Personal service!”
Reviewed August 7, 2012

My husband and 17 yr old son took lessons from Brooks. He was very personable and a great instructor. Both my boys were up on the waves in no time. Kehei was a perfect beginner beach. There are some rocks so maybe some light surfing gloves. (If there is such a thing.) The photo CD we purchased from John was amazing. I can still hear the Beach Boys singing! We went back the next day and rented surf boards from Waves. Great time!

Visited July 2012
1 Thank easterbeck
WavesHawaii1, Owner at Waves Hawaii Surf School, responded to this review, February 12, 2013
Thanks for coming back! Glad you had fun with us and hope to see you again in Maui!

Glenville, New York
“Awesome!!!!! An experience of a lifetime!!!!”
Reviewed July 28, 2012

A great big thank you to all at Waves Hawaii Surf School in Maui. Our instructor, Brooks, was the greatest! My kids (ages 17 and 14) and myself took our first surfing lessons this week and had such an awesome experience. Brooks was patient, kind, and very experienced. He was able to get us all up on our first wave. We enjoyed ourselves so much we decided to go back for a second lesson during our vacation. We wish we had time for a third. Brooks also was able to show my daughter how to do a headstand while surfing. What an experience of a lifetime. We also would like to thank the photographers who were able to capture our experience. The photos are great and we will enjoy sharing them with family and friends!!!! Aloha and Mahalo! Lisa H and Family

Visited July 2012
We love the photos and hearing what a great time you had! Thanks for coming back and hopefully you can surf with us again on your next Maui vacation!
Green Oaks, Illinois, United States
“Great lesson”
Reviewed July 4, 2012

Did a private lesson with Eddie and it was fantastic! Was in HI by myself for a work trip and had a free morning, so glad I picked taking my first surfing lesson as a morning activity! Easy and low key instructor, clear and easy instructions. Was standing up soon and had a few incredible rides, definitely will go back when I'm back with the family!

Visited June 2012
Great! Cant wait to get the family all surfing! Glad you had a blast!
San Ramon, California
“You know you want to try it”
Reviewed July 2, 2012

Great experience - went with my 6 yr old son - he was standing up after 1 or 2 waves - i tried it again also after thinking it was hard from my first time in wakikiki. Kehei location is ideal beginner
wave. Got great pictures also - instructor was super helpful as was the photographer. One of the best parts of our trip.

Florida City, Florida
“Best experience ever!!”
Reviewed June 6, 2012

My husband and I booked a surf safari trip during our honeymoon with Brooks and we had a blast!! Brooks definitely is the most personable and awesome instructor! It was our first time surfing and we got up on our first or second wave :) it was the highlight of our trip! He packed a lunch that included a fresh mango off of his mango tree! This is a must if you visit Hawaii!