“I pass all the others eateries to eat at 808 deli”
Review of 808 Deli

808 Deli
Ranked #5 of 178 Restaurants in Kihei
Cuisines: Delicatessen
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Takeout
Kihei, Hawaii
“I pass all the others eateries to eat at 808 deli”
Reviewed November 15, 2009

It's a sandwich deli that sets the gold standard for all delis. These guys (brothers) create art with two slices of bread - edible art. I can get a grocery store sandwich wrapped in plastic for less $, but I won't remember the taste the next day, like a sandwich from the 808 deli. After a hard day at the beach, you should eyes light up when I mention stopping at 808 deli. My two favorites (so far) at the Chicken Pesto and the Chicago Style Hot Dog, a basket with potato chips and a couple of dill gherkins for under $8. Plus, they have homemade Gelato, to die for. Open for breakfast and lunch, until 5 pm. I mostly see working folks here, who don't seem to mind the lack of atmosphere.

• Korean first
Vancouver, Canada
“Don't get the raves”
Reviewed November 15, 2009

There are way better sandwich delis and home and I could easily make a much better sanwich. If you take the sanwich anywhere it will be all soggy unless you eat it right away. I found the sanwiches completely unremarkable.

The place is not bad or anything, but the services is slow and the girl taking the orders was not too with it. If you need a sandwich it's ok but I would not suggest a special trip here.

Kaua'i
“Yummy!!”
Reviewed November 3, 2009

I <3 their chicken pesto pine nut panini. can't go wrong with anything you order here, awesome salads too!!

Orange, CA
“Italian sandwich is awesome”
Reviewed November 2, 2009

We were pleasantly surprised at how awesome the sandwiches were. With chips, we spit one for two of us - big eaters would want a piece of fruit but really tasty.

New York, NY
“Best sandwich in Maui!”
Reviewed October 12, 2009

We traveled to Maui for our honeymoon and stayed at the Four Seasons Wailea which was to die for. However, it was also really expensive to eat at the hotel, particularly for lunch (hello $22 cheeseburger). And since I love to eat like a local, I was only too happy to discover an ad for 808 Deli in Kihei, a short drive from our hotel. Whether it was a grilled egg sandwich with cheddar and tomato, a turkey club, or the Cobb salad, everything I ordered at 808 was delicious—and didn't break our bank. The owners—Josh and Jim Richardson—were super friendly and I told them I'd post a review on TripAdvisor. Here it is! Stay tuned for a review on my soon to be launched blog!

2 Thank summergirl96

Been to 808 Deli? Share your experiences!