“Maui Lunch - Kihei 2013”
Review of 808 Deli

808 Deli
Ranked #6 of 178 Restaurants in Kihei
Cuisines: American, Delicatessen
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Oxnard, California
“Maui Lunch - Kihei 2013”
Reviewed November 30, 2013

I stopped here on my last day on my way to the airport because the other reviews raved about this place. The menu looked fairly typical for a sandwich shop. I wanted to try the pulled pork sandwich but since I was heading for the airport, I wanted something I could save if I didn't finish it all. I opted for their Italian sandwich. On their menu, they listed some sandwiches that could be ordered "airplane/beach" style...which meant it is cellophane wrapped. I had half wrapped and the other half ready to eat. For $8, you get an 8 inch long sandwich...which I felt was a little overpriced...but not much. The sandwich was definitely tasty. A few hours later on the plane, when I ate the other half, the sandwich was still in it's tasty form. Now unlike some of the other reviews, I'm not going to rave about this place based on one sandwich. But hopefully, it is a good indication that the other sandwiches are just as good. Guess I'll find out on my next visit.

• Korean first
Calgary
“Fabulous for take-out lunch”
Reviewed November 29, 2013

We had take-out from 808 Deli 4 times during our 2 week stay in Kihei. our 13 & 14 year old boys loved the Italian Sub & potato /macaroni salad (which was a huge surprise to us). My husband and I especially loved the bbq pulled pork with coleslaw and also tried a couple other items off the menu.

They are very busy at lunch time and the seating area is limited (2-4 tables if I recall correctly). We did take-out and carried across to the beach. There are locals who eat here so you know it's good food and fair value. The sandwiches are approx $7-$9 which is reasonable for the area.

We will eat here again

• Visited March 2013
Brisbane
“Tasty sandwiches!”
Reviewed November 26, 2013

We had two sandwiches for lunch, and both tasted very good. I'd had loved a little bit more green stuff but I acknowledge that the American sandwiches are much more meaty than their Australian counterparts. Still very tasty, and the joint has a nice vibe.

Canada
“Grabbed a Sandwich on the way to the Airport”
Reviewed November 23, 2013

Wow". Great turkey sandwich and a LONG lineup at security....we were glad we stopped at the 808 Deli for a sandwich. Lots of tasty filling, great multigrain bread....just so good!

Vancouver, Canada
“Amazing gluten free sandwichs”
Reviewed November 11, 2013

This shop was recommend by the Maui Brick Oven and we where so happy it was. They have gluten free bread and amazing sandwiches to boot. Watch out for the BBQ sandwiches though because the sauce has gluten. They have killer coleslaw too! All sandwiches are under $8 (plus $1.50) for gluten free bread.

• Visited October 2013