“Good Sandwiches..Nice and Tasty”
Review of 808 Deli

808 Deli
Ranked #5 of 182 Restaurants in Kihei
Cuisines: Delicatessen
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Takeout
Reviewed July 24, 2013

I have to admit .. these guys put a very nice twist on the traditional sub sandwiches.. they add sprouts and aoli and all kinds of tasty toppings.. I thought their Potato and Macaroni Salad as well as their cole slaw were perfectly done and in fact excellent in flavor..they make some excellent puddings as well.. which is nice to see some great made from scratch items... I think their prices are in line with Hawaii prices.. so overall a good place if you in the mood for a sandwich.. that is if you've had enough fish and hotel food... ( boy were we craving some good old subs).. but I would try this place if your in Kihei.. you'll be happy you went...

Reviewed July 15, 2013

The sandwiches are delicious and the portions are generous. I especially love the turkey reuben and the cole slaw is to die for! Add a pickle and chips and head to the beach.

Reviewed July 15, 2013

Thanks to a friend who resides in Kihei, I was able to get lunch and other nibbles for my ten hour flight back to NY. They are experts at what is and isn't allowed (fruit is not allowed, so tomatoes slices are a no go). The sandwiches are interesting, but you could create your own stand by as well. The wrapping and consideration for food that will get banged around until eaten is evident. Halfway through my flight, the sandwich was still in good form, and tasty. It isn't a rip off compared to some other "flight ready" spots. The price was correct. The healthy options were more than just lettuce and hummus. The bags of chips were individual size, this helps for families who want equal portions for their kids.

Reviewed July 9, 2013

Stop by and pick up a picnic lunch to take with you as you journey the road to Hana. They'll pack a small cooler for you to take with you for the day.

Reviewed July 7, 2013 via mobile

We stopped here to get a sandwich for the airport and they were the smallest deli turkey sandwiches we have ever bought in our lifetime. They had on their chalkboard a list for good airplane sandwiches. I guess if you are on your way to leave the island the sandwiches are scaled down.

Been to 808 Deli? Share your experiences!