“Excellent sandwiches”

Cuisines: Delicatessen
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Takeout
Reviewed June 30, 2013

Very small deli - be prepared to wait 15 minutes for your order and then take it out and eat it at the beach across the street. However, the sandwiches are outstanding. Great taste and big. Add the potato-mac salad for a hearty lunch.

Reviewed June 19, 2013

We stopped in to pick up lunch on our way to Makena Beach. It's in a little strip mall across from Kam 2 Beach. There is a small parking lot in front.

I had the Chicken Salad Sandwich (Home Made Chicken Salad, Dried Cranberries, Walnuts, Lettuce, Tomato), which was absolutely delicious.

If they have pudding, then be sure to try it. I had the chocolate + peanut butter + banana pudding. It was absolutely delicious, and I couldn't eat it fast enough.

This is a great place to pick up lunch. There are a few tables, if you want to eat inside.

Reviewed June 10, 2013 via mobile

We were staying in south Kihei n the 808 Deli was just a stone's throw away. After a simple but delicious breakfast (egg sandwich with croissant), we packed a roast beef wasabi sandwich for a picnic lunch on the beach. Perhaps it was the sea breeze n the lovely beach that added more "flavors", it was a very yummy sandwich. My only regret is that we didn't go there earlier in our stay at Kihei, otherwise we will most certainly have gone back there again!

Reviewed June 4, 2013

Went here based on a friend saying to try it and it was really good. Had the pork sandwich which was very good . Prices were reasonable and the twix pudding was so good!!! Great place for a quick stop to get a high quality sandwich

Reviewed June 1, 2013

We had take out from 808 twice whilst in Maui, first time I had pulled pork sub, and second time I had the reuben. These guys really know how to make an excellent sandwich! Their entire menu looked soooo good! Don't get me wrong, they are not about to earn a Michelin star anytime soon, but if you are looking for a good breakfast or lunch and don't want to spend a fortune, I would recommend getting a take out from 808 and crossing the street and eating on the public tables overlooking the Kihea beach. They also have a bistro for evening meals.

Been to 808 Deli? Share your experiences!