My partner and I stayed for ten nights in December in one of the ocean view cottages. While we have been more accustomed to staying in 5 star hotels for previous vacations, this no frills yet quaint experience was actually quite reasonable.
The most important factor being... cleanliness. The cottages are very clean, with a good amount of extra bath towels, and a bed quite comfortable to sleep on.
The air conditioning unit is situated in the bedroom, which was a bit loud, but you get used to it.
If you are looking for a convenient location and total privacy, this one is great for being beachfront, yet away from the real crowded areas of Kihei. The main road is a bit noisy at certain times, but it's hardly noticeable at night.
It was a bit of a bummer to not have internet, but there are plenty of spots down the road to sit at with free wifi. The cottages are quite small, which at times can feel like you are on top of each other if you like your space, but in a place like Maui, who really plans on being in their accomodation all that much?
The best perk is a front row seat to the amazing sunsets, what a view!
I would definitely recommend this place for people looking for that basic, no frills and super clean spot that they intend to sleep in, sunbathe on the deck and have access to all the major locations.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- If your perfect vacation is having your "home away from home," look no further…Nona Lani Cottages, located on the south shores of the wonderful island of Maui, has eight cozy cottages situated on more than two acres of beautifully landscaped grounds, including swaying coconut palms and fragrant flowering plants and tropical fruit trees. Enjoy whale watching in winter months and spectacular sunsets year round from one of our four ocean view cottages, which are just a few short steps from Maui's longest continuous white sand beach and picturesque Ma'alaea Bay. Or if you are more of a tree lover, choose a garden view cottage. Or to mix things up, simply move a lounge chair or comfy hammock on the grounds to just sit back and relax in the shade or sunshine. The Kong family welcomes you to Maui! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotwire, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotel.de, Hotels.com and HRS so you can book your Nona Lani Cottages reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Nona Lani Cottages Hotel Kihei
- Nona Lani Cottages Maui/Kihei