$149
$570
TripAdvisor
TripAdvisor
2,238 results
All reviewsresort feepool barjunior suiteacross the streetfree shuttleshuttle servicehotel restaurantper daypool sidewithin walking distanceabc storemini fridgehousekeeping stafffitness centerour honeymoonparking lotrental car
Reviewed August 12, 2017 via mobile

I have mixed feelings about this hotel. It's not "bad", but it's also not very good. It's certainly not the "Maui experience" I was looking for.

The now common problem of the resort fee shows up here again. This is not my idea of a resort. There are no decent views, the business center is a standup computer in the lobby, The "grounds" are essentially are a parking lot, the lobby, and the pool area, nothing is particularly "fancy", the service is only ok, and the rooms are certainly nothing special.....

The best thing I can say about the hotel is the gym and pool facilities are both very nice. But they treat their guests like children and close both facilities at 10 PM. Not only that but they strictly enforce it and aggressively kick people out at 10 o'clock on the dot. I know it's only occasional that hotels will keep pools open 24 hours, but a lot of the best genuine resorts do, especially the ones geared towards adults. As to the fitness center, well, that is just inexcusable to not leave open 24 hours. The vast majority of properties we stay out keep their fitness centers open 24/7, provided they're not attached to a spa or some such. Each of the four nights we were there we watched the beautiful Maui sunset (as you should too!) So at 7:30 each night when that was done my wife and I had to make the decision whether we would enjoy dinner without rushing, or enjoy our pool and gym facilities. It was beyond frustrating that we couldn't do both. You shouldn't have to sacrifice dining or sightseeing in the destination you are in to take advantage of the pool and gym facilities of your hotel, especially when they charge you extra for them!!

The parking lot is exceptionally dangerous because there is not nearly adequate space for the cars to fit without hitting a door, a car, or a person. We had a midsize car, not even something particularly big, and we perpetually had a near impossible time of not hitting someone else's vehicle, and in one case not hitting a person.

The rooms are nice enough, and I liked having a refrigerator and microwave, and everything except the cramped bathroom is relatively spacious. But the pillows were hard, and the AC not very good (a 1° change brings the room from a hot to cold with no pleasant middle ground).

Finally, don't expect to be able to plug anything into your TV. It's over a decade old, and apparently no room in the entire facility has a newer television. Also, don't expect to be able to borrow a DVD player when you are frustrated about the tv ports & TV content, because they don't offer those either. (Not even for a fee).

When we arrived the first thing we wanted to do, since it was 10 PM in the pool and gym were closed, was to enjoy television. Their selection of channels is not very good, so we were going to plug-in our camera to scroll through photos we had taken, or plug in our Roku for content, which is when we encountered an old fashion TV impossible to do so on. When I requested to switch rooms I was told no room in the building had a newer TV then this 10-year-old one. So we felt a little bit like a prisoner that first night, being up and wanting to do something at her hotel, and not being able to go to the gym, not being able to go to the pool, not having an attached beach to go to, not having much property to stroll around, and definitely not having anything on TV to watch. Even the most moderate of hotels and motels I've been to lately will have either a DVD player for rent, or HDMI ports in their TVs (or a decent selection of premium cable stations).

So, again, it's not bad… But it certainly not the "resort experience" you expect… And certainly not one you expect to pay a "resort surcharge" for!!

Stayed: August 2017, traveled as a couple
7  Thank Cathy Sandiego W
MauiCoastManager, Front Office Manager at Maui Coast Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 16, 2017

Aloha Cathy Sandiego W,

Mahalo for choosing to stay at the Maui Coast Hotel and for taking the time to write this review about our property.

I would like to apologize for all of the issues you experienced during your stay. This is certainly not the kind of experience we strive to provide our guests nor is it something you should expect when you are a guest with us. You can be assured that your comments and recommendations will be shared with our team and that immediate improvements will take place.

I would also like to follow up with you directly regarding your stay with us. Please contact me at ttakahashi@mauicoasthotel.com with your reservation details so I may review your reservation. Mahalo and I look forward to your reply!

Reviewed August 11, 2017 via mobile

Very good hotel.

The room is big and clean.
The bathroom is big and hight quality product. So nice.

Every day we have coffee in the room and 2 water bottle.
Good idea

The pool is nice

Service smile and good.

Stayed: August 2017, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 9, 2017

Plenty to do by walking just a few blocks. Deeper discounts
for locals would be helpful. Beds and room size were quite good.
The small parking lanes need to be widened at least 8" as Many
Cars had dents from adjacent cars. Maybe they need a 2 story
Parking garage.

• Stayed: August 2017, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed August 6, 2017

My husband and I spent our last 2 nights in Maui at Maui Coast Hotel. The room was clean and the bed was very comfortable. The staff was very friendly and welcoming. The hotel is walking distance to the beach, shops, and restaurants. The only downside was that the bathroom is small and they charge a $25 daily fee to use various amenities such as pool towels, the fitness center, etc. The $25 daily fee was not listed online when we booked the room, so it was disappointing to have to pay more to enjoy our stay.

• Stayed: July 2017, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 5, 2017 via mobile

The hotel is very very clean. The staff is superb, very welcoming, helpful and friendly. Car rental and restaurant on property, the convenience store is within walking distance. The beach is within walking distance as well but it's not one of Maui's best beaches. We ended up having to drive to get to the nice beaches. If you don't mind driving to a better beach, then this is the hotel for you. They also have a free shuttle but it's almost impossible to catch, during our stay we tried several times and just got tired of waiting. Just rent a car and be on your way.

Stayed: July 2017, traveled with family