$269
$307
$279
HotelsClick
2,238 results
All reviewsresort feepool barjunior suiteacross the streetfree shuttleshuttle servicehotel restaurantper daypool sidewithin walking distanceabc storemini fridgehousekeeping stafffitness centerour honeymoonparking lotrental car
Reviewed March 18, 2009

Was here in October and got a room as a walk-in for $119. I was very pleased with the rate and the hotel. Didn't eat there, but did have a few drinks at the pool bar during happy hour. No complaints there. I did notice that there seemed to be a few locals hanging out at the pool bar, but it wasn't something that bothered me, just something I noticed after reading the tripadvisor reviews. We splashed about in the pool, hung out in the jacuzzi and crashed (we just came back from 3 nights of camping). I liked the area of Kihei better than Kaanapali, which we also stayed in, because it seemd more of a neighborhood than just a tourist block. Not sure I would want to spend a couple of hundred dollars on the room we had, but for the price we got it for, it was great.

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 15, 2009

My Wife and I checked late on a friday night and were assigned room 238 this room should be avoided at all costs it is right next a large HVHC unit that runs loudly from 7am to 8pm therefore we needed to keep the deck door closed to use the room in quiet. When I raised this concern the desk personal knew about the problem and two days later we were moved to a room 539 on the otherside of the building this was much better.

The Maui Coast Hotel is in great location righ across the street from a great beach with good swimming and snorkeling. Also if you need a quick lunch check out the 808 Deil down the street they make great food. I would avoid the hotel restaurant Spices it's young staff just threw my breakfast plate in front me like there were feeding a dog they did not like. The Hotel has a great pool and hot tub we used most days of our trip. Overall it a good but not a great hotel.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank belltownonthemove
Reviewed March 11, 2009

Above average hotel for the price. Rooms were a little noisey from next door and hallway.

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 4, 2009

My stay at the Maui Coast Hotel was very nice. The large airy lobby and friendly staff made me feel very welcome. 2 free internet computers near the elevators are available 24 hours a day and are always busy. Renovations are in progress and there is some construction noise during the daytime hours. Unfortunately, I didn't use Room Service or the hotel restaurant. There is a small gym available over the restaurant that offers a few cardio machines and weights.

I was lucky enough to be assigned a renovated room, 544, on my recent visit to the Maui Coast Hotel, however the room was located quite far down a long hallway. The decor, although not Hawaiin oriented, is very nice and problems previously mentioned with sheets not fitting the matress have been solved. Bathrooms have been completey remodeled. My room had 2 flat screen televisions, lots of new towels, and comfortable new matresses with plenty of pillows that are a bit too large and hard. Wi-fi was available for a $10 fee per day.

When the renovations are complete the Maui Coast should be even nicer.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed February 18, 2009

The hotel lived up to most of the photos that were posted on Tripadvisor. It is an average 3-star hotel with an impressive open-air lobby and clean room. The bed is rock hard and the maids don't use fitted sheets, so your feet rub up against the bare mattress where the flat sheet doesn't wrap around. The restaurant that provides room service and on-site dining, Spices, is overpriced and the food is not very good. The service is also incredibly slow; my boyfriend and I waited 45 minutes for a simple meal when we were the only customers on the floor. Overall, this Coast property is on the lower end of their aggregate properties. Many of their hotels in Seattle and Portland, Oregon are much nicer and classier.

Our worst Maui Coast experience was on the last night when we actually needed to get a lot of sleep for our morning flight home. It was Valentine's Day and the room next door to us had been rented out by young locals for a party. The group was very loud. After an hour of intermittent noise, a couple began arguing outside our door about drug use and was audibly intoxicated. At this point, I called the front desk and complained. Within 30 minutes, the noise died down - likely when security arrived.

This was a quick trip to Maui and I got a decent deal on the room through Travelocity. I knew what I was getting into and assumed it would be a disappointment, as I usually stay in nicer areas on the Northwest coast. I guess you get what you pay for. To their credit, the hotel and restaurant staff are very nice and the room was clean. If you choose to stay here for cost cutting, I would suggest eating elsewhere and bringing earplugs and money for a few massages to get the kinks out of your back.

Stayed: February 2009, traveled as a couple