“Service and style”

Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Kihei
New Braunfels, Texas
“Service and style”
Reviewed June 30, 2014

At check-in, the bellhop was friendly and eager to help with the bags. The woman at the front desk acted like she was expecting me. The entire staff went the extra mile to help guests. For example, one of the pool bar guys was giving a family advice on local restaurants and activities answering question after question. They have very good food for a pool bar and live music every day. The pool has excellent landscaping and feels secluded. There are two jacuzzis and an area for tots. We went for a swim in the evening and really enjoyed the ambience. The rooms are nice and well kept. There are no ocean views, but the location really is great...across the street from a beach that is kid friendly. This side of the island gets windy in the afternoons. I would advise heading to the beach early. I spent over a week going all over the island and kept coming back to Kihei and Wailea for the best beaches. We took advantage of the free bike rentals and cruised to Kihei cafe for breakfast. Across the street from the cafe is a park with a boardwalk. The shop at the hotel is very well priced; however, there is a large Chevron that has a wide selection of souvenirs, food, liquor, and beach needs. Overall, you are getting a great value at this gem of a hotel. The only negative was I left my hairbrush and when I came back they said they didn't have it.

Room Tip: No ice machine on 5th floor
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank texastide

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (443)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Montgomery, Texas
Reviewed June 29, 2014

Very nice hotel. Very clean and comfortable. Quiet. Friendly staff. The Ami Ami restaurant has very good food and a great wait staff. The poolside bar is friendly and the food is generous and good. The waitstaff, at the poolside bar, can be a little short, during the busy time of day, but always attentive. The hotel is located very close to many restaurants that are in walking distance. They also offer a shuttle service if you prefer that. The beaches are right across the street! We celebrated an anniversary and was surprised to find champagne, flute glasses and a nice anniversary card waiting for us in our room!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Diane M
Henderson, Nevada
Reviewed June 25, 2014

I just stayed for 2 nights . The hotel is clean and so comfortable. The pool is beautiful but they could use a few more chairs. Everyday , there were not enough until about 3. They were good about removing towels from chairs that weren't being used. The front desk personnel were so friendly and accommodating. I got a great deal on hotels.com. I would return again. Great location too. You can walk anywhere or they have bikes too.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
2 Thank Liisam728
Mill Valley, California
Reviewed June 23, 2014

We have a timeshare in Kihei and thought a change of pace would be nice at Maui Coast to extend our vacation. Voltaire showed us a room on the first floor which seemed too small for me and he made a note of that. When I checked in, I related that my sister and brother-in-law were also staying at the hotel. Rudy, assist. manager gave me a junior suite on the same 4th floor as my sister and the room was excellent! All the staff were very friendly and helpful esp. desk clerks, Terry and Edwin and Eric who helped with luggage and definitely practiced the spirit of Aloha. I enjoyed the gym, pool, café and ami-ami restaurant.
A guest accidentally hit my car while parked and Terry helped with that. Everything went well. I would definitely return!

Room Tip: I enjoyed the 4th floor very much!
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
5 Thank Toni B
Voltaire M, Front Office Manager at Maui Coast Hotel, responded to this review, June 24, 2014
Aloha Toni B!

I totally remember taking you on that tour! I am glad the 4th floor worked out better for you. Also, thank you for such the nice comments about Rudy, Terry, Edwin, Eric and the rest of the gang! It was our pleasure to serve you our Aloha way. We look forward to your return stay!

Take care and Mahalo,

Calgary, Canada
Reviewed June 22, 2014

Nice hotel in a very convenient location. Hotel provides bikes which is a nice touch. Staff are very friendly and accommodating. Rooms are spacious and very clean. Would definitely recommend and it's defintely on our list for our next stay in Maui

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Christiana0564
Aloha Christiana0564!

We sure hope the Maui Coast Hotel is on the TOP of your list for your next stay in Maui! =) I am glad you took advantage of our complimentary bike rentals! It is such a nice amenity to have especially if you are just going down the street to pick a few items from the store or eat at one of the great restaurants that Kihei has to offer!

We look forward your return!

Mahalo,

Reviewed June 20, 2014

This hotel is nice overall. The pool is nice. I had sprained my ankle and they offered me a wheelchair to use during my stay. It was definitely necessary since it is a fairly large hotel. Bed and room was comfortable. We stayed in a deluxe room with a king bed. The bathroom was small. The room seemed a little worn, but that might be common on the island. My only complaint is that it was noisy and we could hear the tvs through the walls.

Room Tip: Ask for a room higher up so you can see the ocean. We were on floor 5, and could only see a little...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Sinkholedemayo .
Aloha Sinkholedemayo,

We hope your ankle is feeling better! And also thank you for writing us a review. I'm glad you found our hotel and pool nice. I sure you hope you can give us the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel. If and when you do, please check with the front desk to inquire about any upgrades available. I personally have stayed in one of our 1-bedroom suites. They have a much larger bathroom.

Take care and hope to see you guys again!

Kaneohe, Hawaii
Reviewed June 18, 2014

I have now stay at the Maui coast 2 times and I loved it both times. The staff was really friendly and helpful. When I first got there it looked like it would be a good place for adults to stay, but it turned out to b a very family friendly place. The staff would always ask if we need help and answered all our question in a very friendly manner. The pool was nice and clean never too crowded, the pool wait staff was excellent they came around all the time to see how we were doing. And the food at the on site restaurant was over the top every thing we ate was very good! All in all I would say that this hotel is a 10 out of 10. The only thing that could make it better would be if it was beach front. Other than that the atmosphere was very nice and it was very clean, I will defiantly be going there again and I would recommend it to any one!

Room Tip: Get the jr. Suit it was very nice and it had more amenities than the standard room!
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
2 Thank Michael N
Voltaire M, Front Office Manager at Maui Coast Hotel, responded to this review, June 19, 2014
Aloha Michael N!

Thank you for the taking the time in writing us an incredible review! And thank you again for choosing our hotel on your most recent trip to Maui! We take pride in providing a comfortable and memorable stay for all of our guests. We certainly look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel!

Mahalo,

Voltaire
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kihei
Kaanapali Beach Hotel
Aston at The Whaler on Kaanapali Beach
Royal Lahaina Resort
Royal Lahaina Resort
#17 of 32 in Lahaina

Been to Maui Coast Hotel? Share your experiences!