“LOVED it! Excellent HoneyMoon”
Review of Maui Coast Hotel

Maui Coast Hotel
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Kihei
“LOVED it! Excellent HoneyMoon”
Reviewed January 22, 2014

We stayed here for our wedding/honeymoon in Maui and absolutely loved it. You are in walking distance on either side of the hotel from all kinds of places to eat, and right across the street from the beach. We requested a higher floor than the ground floor and could see the sunrise over the mountains, as well as the beach (barely). It was great.
We had a king bed, 4th floor, with a balcony. The bathroom was roomy, the service was excellent, there are phone and laptop charging stations by the bed and everything was super clean.
Definitely give this place a go!

Room Tip: Higher up floors give you a better view (bottom levels just show you the parking lot)
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (440)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Edmonton
Reviewed January 19, 2014

This hotel had everything I wanted. The location was perfect, across from the beach and easy walking distance to restaurants and convenience stores. The gym is probably the best hotel gym I've ever seen with a great selection of equipment. The free bottles of water in the room were also a nice touch. I appreciated that they let me check in at 11 am.

Overall I would highly recommend this hotel if you can get a good deal on hotwire, as I did.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
Corbett, Oregon
Reviewed January 14, 2014

I love Maui Coast. Great location, value and the service is impeccable.
Every employee is gracious and smiling. The atmosphere is wonderful.
I love that they have free bicycles for riding and a complimentary shuttle.
We will stay again.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Tucson
Reviewed January 13, 2014

Due to a scheduling issue, my wife and I were unable to keep our reservation here for our honeymoon. I called 2 days before and explained the situation, and although the policy is 72 hours, the staff was very understanding and waived the charge! While I won't suggest this plan, it shows what kind of customer service they provide. Although we did not stay here, when my wife and I return, we will be looking to the Maui Coast Hotel! Thank you so much again!

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Pharmacomedian
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed January 11, 2014

First, if you're not the "resort" types, then Kihei is probably your best choice location. It has enough of everything not to be boring, and is close to everything (except maybe Lahaina and the north shore....) but with the completion of Mokulele to 4 lanes and the repaving of many main roads, Kihei is a great jumping off point. And the Maui Coast is one of only a few hotels in Kihei - most other places are condos. It is no longer part of the "Coast Hotel" chain, however, so if you have points they are NOT accepted. They do have some program with Alaska & Hawaiian airlines, however, but being from Chicago we are United or American and neither of them have any programs. Their rates have gone up, and I worry whether they are edging themselves out but you do the shopping. Anyhow, the facility is very well kept, the rooms are clean, etc. But the staff is fabulous. About the only negatives (this was our 8th stay) is that they changed the in-room coffee makers and the coffee is weak and it can feel like you're staying in a Holiday Inn what with the parking lot running along the north side of the building and a condo complex next door to the south.... One of the best features is the exercise facility - some years back it cost "extra" and "regular" guests were relegated to a smaller room. Now it is open to all guests and is fully equipped. Yes there is no beach but it is across the street from Kama'ole II, one of the best beaches, and is near to an ABC store (which has been recently remodeled to include fresh cooked lunch and dinner choices) with gas station. North on Kihei road are craft markets and a place you can learn to surf, you can rent a bike and go anywhere if you like. The poolside dining is pretty good, and although Cafe O'Lei took over the main dining room I can't speak for it being that great. One negative is that during high season some guests are rude enough to try to "reserve" pool deck chairs by putting a towel and bottle of sun block on top, then go to breakfast thinking they've marked their territory. And when a tubby 11-year old takes up an adult amenity, you get a little disappointed -- seems that this year some of the folks who used to spend a thousand a night at the Four Seasons decided this was good enough for them but brought their attitudes with them. After those families left, however, after the 1st week in January, I'd have to say that the clientele became less aggressive, generally more friendly and more diverse. I met some Norwegians, and we heard some German, and lots of folks from Canada (Alberta in particular). Also, many places on the island are trying to be more ecologically involved -- and for those who care the Maui Coast now boasts solar panels providing 25% of their total electrical needs, they provide refillable room amenities (shampoo...) instead of those tiny bottles you can't get everything out of anyway and are a land fill nightmare, and leave reminders about how to help in other ways (not having fresh sheets everyday, and not having fresh towels every day) but if you want fresh, no questions are asked. I hate giving away secrets, but also want the hotel to survive and thrive so when we come back it is there with the kind of welcome open arms we have found again and again. It is our island home away from home.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
8 Thank Travelmess
Perth, Australia
Reviewed January 10, 2014

I really don't have to many complaints about this hotel. The only downside is that I think I was probably in the room with the worst view in the whole place, 201 (I think).

Great staff, nice bar/pool. Concierge was great booking my diving and volcano ride with ease.

Good size room, good food at the bar, laundry (with secure door).

Great location, about 2 minutes walk to the beach and an ABC store.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Joiejojo
Woodside, California
Reviewed January 10, 2014

We stayed here for 10 nights and enjoyed it thoroughly. The location is very convenient and right across from the beach. The area is low key which we prefer to the hustle of Kaanapali. From the minute we arrived, the hotel staff could not have been nicer or more helpful. They knew the area from where to get snacks to where to see the best sunsets. The room was spacious and clean with a nice garden virew. Comfortable and quiet. The bathroom was a tad small but fine for the two of us. I did have some issues with internet signal strength but it was not significant and the service is free. Almost daily, we went to the pool in the afternoon and stayed for happy hour. The pool area is lovely although the chaises can get snapped up. The poolside waiter,Jason, was a kick and super efficient, friendly, and funny. Great employee. We would return here.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ckrogers
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kihei
Kaanapali Beach Hotel
Montage Kapalua Bay
#1 of 32 in Lahaina
Fairmont Kea Lani, Maui
Westin Maui Resort And Spa

Been to Maui Coast Hotel? Share your experiences!