“Our Third Stay!”

Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Kihei
Portland, Oregon
“Our Third Stay!”
Reviewed May 18, 2013

The Coast is a nice little hotel right in the heart of Kihei. A great location close to restaurants and directly across the road from 3 (yes 3) wonderful beaches.
Our Junior Suite was spotless upon our arrival. The marble tile bathroom with a tub/shower combo was clean and had plenty of towels. The compact livingroom included a small refrigerator, sink, microwave, and small counter along with the couch, table and nice big cable TV. The bedroom, although small, had a dresser and big flat screen TV. The king bed was relatively comfortable, but hopefully they will replace the mattress before our next visit.
The concierge desk was a big help with activities and the woman there was fun to work with. The pool and bar area were clean and quiet.
Be aware of the $18 "resort fee." I have no problem with paying for my entertainment. However, I really dislike the era of add-ons. From airline tickets to rock concerts, to ballgames, and now hotels, nobody will give you the REAL cost of your purchase. Please guys! Just tell me how much it costs UPFRONT and I'll be happy to pay that amount. Just saying...
The Coast is a good hotel and a good value.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank ORTraveller51

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (443)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Wausau, Wisconsin
Reviewed May 14, 2013

I stayed in a junior suite which was large in size and extremely clean. The bathrm was large with a deep tub. Microwave, wet bar, and small refrigerator. 2 bottled waters put in refrig every day. The hotel has a good location-easy walk to shops, restaurants, and the beach. The afternoon happy hour and live bands by the pool are a nice touch. The pool is smaller and not many lounge chairs but when in Maui I would rather go to the ocean. There are bikes available and towels at the front desk to use for the beach or ocean. I would stay here again in a heartbeat!

Room Tip: Rooms on the Wailea side, as the front desk referred to it, higher up have a glimpse of the ocean...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Los Angeles, CA
Reviewed May 14, 2013

Great hotel with great resort amenities. Yes there is a 1$17.95 per day per guest resort fee but I thought it was well worth it. In the fee there is a shuttle service that will take you anywhere within 3 miles of the hotel. There is also the use of bicycles included in the fee. Probably the fastest Wi-Fi I have ever experienced anywhere. I was able to download a movie on my ipad pretty fast!. The list goes on. A souvenir store is there as well with all kinds of drinks, food, snacks, etc. I stayed in a Deluxe Suite which had everything I needed, a coffee machine, microwave, etc. If you need it, there are connecting rooms as well. Very quiet area. Shops, restaurants and beach are all within walking distance. Wailea is a 10 minute drive away. A 15 minute drive to/from the airport makes it very convenient. Friendly check-in and very smooth. Would I stay here again... Yes!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
New Brunswick
Reviewed May 12, 2013

Second time at this hotel, just as great this time around! Rooms are great, clean, nicely decorated. Pool was nice, not very many chairs though. Great location. Very friendly staff, check in was quick. Wifi wasn't very good, poor signal. We booked excursions through the hotel. Great location, close to a nice beach, restaurants nearby.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Maureen-Steve
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed May 12, 2013

I stayed here on business for only one night. My travel plans unexpectedly changed at the last minute. The staff at the hotel were very accommodating! They allowed me to check back into my room and gave me a late check out also! Rudy, the hotel manager, was excellent in making my short stay great! I was especially thankful for the free shuttle to take me to the store. I will definitely come back here for vacation.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
St. Albans, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 12, 2013

We chose the hotel for its proximity to the Maui Diving center and beach. The location was also within walking distances of several reasonably good and diverse restaurants. However although we had a junior Suite with separate lounge the balcony was tiny and spoilt by the sound of a large air-conditioning outlet below us which also gave out fumes unless we kept the door shut. The staff appeared very bored and hardly smiled or said hello although we have no complaints about cleanliness or room cleaning.

The nightly music by the pool bar was fun but tired and the use of plastic cups for the drinks didn't help the lack of atmosphere on the hotel generally.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank SimonAB28
Allen tx
Reviewed May 9, 2013 via mobile

I stayed at the Ritz Carlton on my last trip to Maui. The Maui coastal room was just as nice, and 1/2 the price.
Pool was nice, great happy hour and nightly musician playing. Very convienent area, great bed, minimal noise. Over all great stay.

Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank KellIe0414
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kihei
Kaanapali Beach Hotel
Aston at The Whaler on Kaanapali Beach
Royal Lahaina Resort
Royal Lahaina Resort
#17 of 32 in Lahaina

Been to Maui Coast Hotel? Share your experiences!