Maui Coast Hotel
$259
$159
$129
  • Restaurant
Fairmont Kea Lani, Maui(Wailea)
$559
$479
2,212 results
All reviewsresort feepool barjunior suiteacross the streetfree shuttleshuttle servicebike rentalswet barhotel restaurantpool towelsper daypool sidewithin walking distancemini fridgeabc storefitness centerhousekeeping staff
Reviewed November 7, 2012

The Maui Coast is a very nice hotel. The staff is excellent and very helpful. They have a fun demeanor and seem to be a nice cohesive group. The hotel is located a stones throw across the street from the beach (Kamole Beach 1) with plenty of shops and restaurants within walking distance. Overall the hotel offers many activity options for visitors to chose from as Dollar Car Rental and the Expedia concierge are located in the hotel lobby. They also offer bikes to use for guests which I think is a huge plus. The pool is nice and there is a poolside cafe, not sure how the food is since I was only drinking booze, but it was a good spot nonetheless. The workout facility was very good!!
I will stay again at this hotel when in Maui.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 7, 2012

My wife, 2 little girls and myself enjoyed our stay in a junior suite. The pool and resturaunt were great, and the location was perfect with nearby beaches, dining etc. We look forward to returning.

There are 3 beaches close by, complimentary mt. bike rentals, shuttle services, and nightly entertainment. The food was great!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank 967jimmy
Reviewed November 6, 2012

Me and my boyfriend visited Maui from Oct 5- Oct 11 2012 and we were very happy with this hotel. It's location is great: close to restaurants, shops and the beach, which is just across the street. All staff has been awesome, always willing to help out. The hotel comes with a great pool, including a restaurant with great service as well. It has been the best place to have breakfast and enjoy some late afternoon cocktails. Bartender Sean recommended all sorts of cocktails and made sure that our cup was never empty. The room was always clean, had plenty of space, with (in our case) a kingsize bed as well as a couch. The only downside has been the airconditioning, which was kind of loud. But still: best hotel during our stay in Hawaii!

Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Yo81
Mauicoast, Front Office Manager at Maui Coast Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 14, 2012

Aloha and Mahalo for choosing the Maui Coast Hotel during your recent visit to Maui! I am so happy to read that you made mention that we were the best hotel during your stay in Hawaii! We truly take pride in the services that we provide, from our staff to our rooms. We look forward to welcoming you back!

Reviewed November 6, 2012

We recently stayed at Maui Coast Hotel for 4-5 days. It is located in a beautiful part of Maui... almost centrally located to everything you would want to see on this beautiful island. It is within walking distance to many restaurants and of course the beach. Resort fees are a little pricey for what you get at this particular hotel ($17/day). I never did go to the pool because I thought to myself... why go to the pool at the hotel when you have a gorgeous Hawaiian beach to go to instead! Only downside, the bathroom in the room is extremely small. I wish I had more time to take advantage of their bike rental! Staff at the hotel are extremely helpful and friendly! Great place to stay in Kihei... I would stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Char4socr

Aloha and Thank you for staying with us during your recent visit to Maui! We truly appreciate you taking the time to write a wonderful review. I apologize that you did not find great value in the resort fee however do hope that you were informed of the wealth of amenities that were included in that such a the bicycles, shuttle services and our well equipped fitness center (just to name a few.) I couldn't agree with you any more about enjoying the beutiful beaches that Hawaii has to offer! Nonetheless, I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay. One more thing to add in regards to the bathroom, please keep in mind that our suites definitely offer a much larger bathroom. We certainly wish to welcom you back soon! Mahalo!

Reviewed November 5, 2012

We stayed for 9 nights and stayed in a suite (7th floor non-parking lot side...had a view of ocean).
Pros:
Clean & tidy...friendly staff (other than the waiter at the cafe-service & food were terrible so we didn't go back - so many better places to eat locally)...beach towels, bikes, very helpful concierge and friendly shuttle drivers.
Cons:
Dodgy WiFi when using iPad..we complained twice - the first time they gave us the number for AT&T to try to fix it ourselves, the next time we complained we were told this is an ongoing problem with iPads in the hotel - reception is intermittent. So long as we held the iPad very still in one place (middle of the bed) we were able to use the Internet.
Rude waiter and bad food at restaurant.

Room Tip: Go for the suite Pass on the on-site cafe (Kihei Cafe is yummy for breakfast) Inconsistent and intermittent internet connection - the hotel supervisor acknowledges this is an ongoing problem for anyone using an iPad or smartphone.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank SaucyGirl9
Mauicoast, Front Office Manager at Maui Coast Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 6, 2012

Aloha and Mahalo for choosing the Maui Coast Hotel during your visit to Maui! I truly apologize for the challenges that you encountered with your IPad, I know that does not change your experience but I hope that you can feel confident that we are aware of the problem and are working diligently to resolve this issue. Thank you for your patience!

I also would like to extend my sincere apologies on behalf of Kamaole Poolside Cafe regarding the service you receivend. Rest assured, we have addressed your concern.

We hope to see you again! Thank you!