“What a find!”

Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Kihei
Nebraska
“What a find!”
Reviewed September 23, 2012 via mobile

Great vacation stay...room was perfect, staff was super friendly and helpful. The rate was very reasonable. We had several meals and drinks at poolside bar & cafe...extremely affordable and tasty. I recommend their fish entres...including jumbo shrimp cocktail. Downside...their coffee was poor, but coffee shops close. Not on the beach, but right across the street from uncrowded and pristine public beach....great sand bottom...snorkel at Turtle Rock close by. Can't go wrong here folks!!!!

1 Thank GratefulMo
Mauicoast, Front Office Manager at Maui Coast Hotel, responded to this review, October 8, 2012
Aloha! Thank you for making the Maui Coast Hotel a part of your Great Vacation! It's so nice to hear that we have exceeded your expectations with a perfect room and reasonable rate!! Customer Service is very important to us and I am gald that we have surpassed that! Thank you for your commendations on Kamaole Poolside Cafe! Mahalo Nui Loa..

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (444)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Corvallis, Oregon
Reviewed September 20, 2012

Stayed here for the first half of my honeymoon with my new husband. We had a very spacious and comfortable room. Loved the bed, it was big and comfy but not at all saggy. The balcony was cramped and didn't have a greatest view but we use it and enjoyed it anyhow (hard not to enjoy maui weather!)

We loved the tips and assistance from their expedia travel concierge.... most of her suggestions and tips lined up perfectly with all my tripadvisor and other research.

We also loved that beach towels were big and free to use and easy to take out/return. They also rent bikes and helmets for free which was a fun way to get around kihei and wailea area. We also loved the small pool and happy hour (some of the most reasonably priced drinks we found on the whole island!!!)

Only drawback? Not on the beach. The beaches Kam I, II and III are all walking distance, but it would have been nice to see the ocean from the hotel.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Julie P
Aloha and Mahalo for staying with us during your Honeymoon! I am happy to read that you found great comfort in our rooms.

Tiffany with Expedia, is a delight to have on property! She offers a wealth of island knowledge.

The bikes are a definite plus to have avaialble during your vacation! It is another great way to explore Kihei!

We hope to see you on your next special occasion!
Invermere, Canada
Reviewed September 19, 2012

Nice alternative to a 'resort' on Maui. Nice clean comfortable rooms, right across the street from a great sandy beach. Walking distance to many shops and restaurants. Nice, not fancy, pool and hot tub area. Complimentary bikes are a very handy feature too.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank SpringH
Aloha and Mahalo for your review! We hope to host you again on your next visit to Maui!
Honolulu, Hawaii
Reviewed September 18, 2012

My family and I had a quick staycation here from Oahu. This hotel was such a great value! Open parking, 24-hr accessible computer stations (print boarding passes, email), pool and entertainment, the list goes on. Just because it's on the economy side doesn't mean it has to feel like it, because we felt so well taken care of - we didn't need a five-star resort to help us enjoy our time in Maui. The location in Kihei was convenient and made it easy to commute.

Rowena, the Front Office Manager, was superbly accommodating from the planning of our trip until the very end. She and her staff were very hospitable and well-trained - deserving all the kudos.

If given the opportunity, I would return and recommend my friends to stay here in a heart beat. In fact, why don't YOU try it out yourself?

Room Tip: Categories are not by view. I think requesting for a higher floor means quieter and logically a bird...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Pok-revoluzion
Mauicoast, Front Office Manager at Maui Coast Hotel, responded to this review, September 19, 2012
Aloha! Mahalo Nui Loa for sharing your wonderful experience!! I am so happy to read that you enjoyed your stay and found great value in our Hotel. We absolutely do our very best to provide outstanding service and I am glad that you were able to experience the true aloha spirit for yourself.

We certainly look forward to your return and Thank you once again for choosing the Maui Coast Hotel!
Reviewed September 17, 2012 via mobile

This hotel is a good hotel. Clean, convienent, good location. Service at The pool side restaurant is below avarage. They found bunch of people as waiters who don't wanna work. If you are more than 5 6' tall, the beds are too short for you and your legs or ankles will be out of the beds.
Other than, it is a good hotel.

2 Thank Drtolga
Aloha and Mahalo for your recent visit at the Maui Coast Hotel! I am sorry to hear about the challenges that you experienced at our Poolside Café, however please feel confident that we are definitely going to address this problem. I would also like to apologize for the trouble you endured with our beds. I’ve had Guests specifically request for King Beds because of this same problem and I am wondering if you were by any chance placed in a room with 2 Queen Beds?

We wish to be able to welcome you to stay with us again. Thank you for your review!
Reviewed September 14, 2012 via mobile

My wife and me celebrated our anniversary here. We were offered a champagne on the house which was a total surprise...staff was very friendly and the hotel was good. The cafe by the pool was excellent, really good food and they had gr8 veg options for my wife. Staying in Kihei area i would recommend this hotel for best value for your money.

2 Thank Bhanudj
Aloha and Thank you for choosing the Maui Coast Hotel to celebrate your special occasion!! I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your recent visit with us! We hope to see you again..
Camden, Maine, United States
Reviewed September 14, 2012

Thank you to the ENTIRE staff of the Maui Coast Hotel! From the front desk attendants to the service by the pool and the beautiful and attentive housekeepers, I felt like I was at home - but it was so much nicer! The availability of the shuttle service and the constant help with info about the island helped my stay to be easy flowing and smooth. Over all, what stood out the most was the way I was treated. I felt welcomed into their world on the island and I am definitely coming back to stay again in October!

What a GREAT hotel!
Mahalo,
Kea

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank peaceandgratitude
Aloha Kea! THANK YOU for your superb review! It is always a pleasure to know that our dealings with our guests are graciously recognized!! We definitely take great pride in our customer service! Our goal to welcome you to your home away from home!! We look forward to your visit in Octoboer!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kihei
Kaanapali Beach Hotel
Royal Lahaina Resort
Royal Lahaina Resort
#19 of 32 in Lahaina
Wailea Beach Resort – Marriott, Maui

Been to Maui Coast Hotel? Share your experiences!