“Couldn't Be Better!!”

Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Kihei
Honolulu, Hawaii
“Couldn't Be Better!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 18, 2012

My family and I had a quick staycation here from Oahu. This hotel was such a great value! Open parking, 24-hr accessible computer stations (print boarding passes, email), pool and entertainment, the list goes on. Just because it's on the economy side doesn't mean it has to feel like it, because we felt so well taken care of - we didn't need a five-star resort to help us enjoy our time in Maui. The location in Kihei was convenient and made it easy to commute.

Rowena, the Front Office Manager, was superbly accommodating from the planning of our trip until the very end. She and her staff were very hospitable and well-trained - deserving all the kudos.

If given the opportunity, I would return and recommend my friends to stay here in a heart beat. In fact, why don't YOU try it out yourself?

Room Tip: Categories are not by view. I think requesting for a higher floor means quieter and logically a bird...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Pok-revoluzion
Mauicoast, Front Office Manager at Maui Coast Hotel, responded to this review, September 19, 2012
Aloha! Mahalo Nui Loa for sharing your wonderful experience!! I am so happy to read that you enjoyed your stay and found great value in our Hotel. We absolutely do our very best to provide outstanding service and I am glad that you were able to experience the true aloha spirit for yourself.

We certainly look forward to your return and Thank you once again for choosing the Maui Coast Hotel!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (436)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2012 via mobile

This hotel is a good hotel. Clean, convienent, good location. Service at The pool side restaurant is below avarage. They found bunch of people as waiters who don't wanna work. If you are more than 5 6' tall, the beds are too short for you and your legs or ankles will be out of the beds.
Other than, it is a good hotel.

• Stayed September 2012
2 Thank Drtolga
Aloha and Mahalo for your recent visit at the Maui Coast Hotel! I am sorry to hear about the challenges that you experienced at our Poolside Café, however please feel confident that we are definitely going to address this problem. I would also like to apologize for the trouble you endured with our beds. I’ve had Guests specifically request for King Beds because of this same problem and I am wondering if you were by any chance placed in a room with 2 Queen Beds?

We wish to be able to welcome you to stay with us again. Thank you for your review!
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 14, 2012 via mobile

My wife and me celebrated our anniversary here. We were offered a champagne on the house which was a total surprise...staff was very friendly and the hotel was good. The cafe by the pool was excellent, really good food and they had gr8 veg options for my wife. Staying in Kihei area i would recommend this hotel for best value for your money.

• Stayed September 2012
2 Thank Bhanudj
Aloha and Thank you for choosing the Maui Coast Hotel to celebrate your special occasion!! I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your recent visit with us! We hope to see you again..
Camden, Maine, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 14, 2012

Thank you to the ENTIRE staff of the Maui Coast Hotel! From the front desk attendants to the service by the pool and the beautiful and attentive housekeepers, I felt like I was at home - but it was so much nicer! The availability of the shuttle service and the constant help with info about the island helped my stay to be easy flowing and smooth. Over all, what stood out the most was the way I was treated. I felt welcomed into their world on the island and I am definitely coming back to stay again in October!

What a GREAT hotel!
Mahalo,
Kea

2 Thank peaceandgratitude
Aloha Kea! THANK YOU for your superb review! It is always a pleasure to know that our dealings with our guests are graciously recognized!! We definitely take great pride in our customer service! Our goal to welcome you to your home away from home!! We look forward to your visit in Octoboer!
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 9, 2012

My wife and I loved staying at this hotel. It is close to arguably one of the most beautiful beaches on the island. We enjoyed renting bikes for free which was included in the amenities at the hotel. The bed was wonderful and the hotel was clean unlike some of the hotels in Oahu and Kauai.

4 Thank truballer
Mauicoast, Front Office Manager at Maui Coast Hotel, responded to this review, September 11, 2012
Aloha and Thank you so much for your review! I am delighted to hear that you found great comfort in our rooms and that you made use of the bicycles that we have available to all guests! We hope to see you again!
toronto
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 9, 2012

Our room 737 had a bit of ocean view out on the balcony. It was modern, clean, very quiet and well laid out. It is not a big room, but the king bed was comfortable, has a mini fridge and coffee station, safe and small couch with a large TV. The bathroom was small but was very clean and functional. There is no need to bring shampoos and soaps as everything is provided for you. I am practical girl and all I really wanted was a great bed and less than a five minute walk to the beach. This hotel did not disappoint us.
Hotel staff was very friendly and helpful with directions and restaurant recommendations. I didn't think I would use the pool area very much as beautiful Kamaole beach one is right across the street. On our third day we understood why the pool was packed during the afternoons. The wind picks up from 12-4 every day. If you don't mind sand in your face, then maybe this doesn't matter to you but it sort of hurts. The coast has a small but nice pool, with two hot tubs. They offer bar service to the swimmers and hot tubbers. We ate at Kamaole restaurant/ bar the night we arrived and I wouldn't recommend it. We arrived jet lagged and turned around and we wanted something quick and easy so we could crash out for the night. It is bar food and there isn't anything special about the food and sort of pricy compared to some other places that are very close by. I would walk down the street to Cafe Ol lei.
There are two tennis courts that are in good shape. There was never anyone out there when we walked by, but I don't think you would want to play much later than 10 am. The sun in Maui is very deceiving.
There is a resort fee for $17.50 but I think this is a fair price. It includes shuttle bus, laundry facilities you need to pay 75cents for detergent, bike rentals, beach towels, tennis courts, free parking. We inquired at fancier hotels and the daily resort fees were $25.

Our hotel rate was $116 + taxes + 17.50 resort fees
We travelled at the end of August to the beginning to September 2012
I was really happy with the location, the staff, the beach, and local restaurants.

Some stand out local restaurants we tried and went back to throughout our stay in Kihei. Taqueria Cruz ( best mexican food ) and Cafe au Lei. Sensai sushi food was pretty good but it felt like a night club too. After 10pm food is 50% off and it turns into a karaokee bar. Dine early if you don't want that kind of energy atmosphere.
One place we didn't get a chance to try and many locals mentioned that it had the best sushi in maui is Koiso sushi bar. By the time I tried to get a reservation it was fully booked until the next week. Plan ahead and make reservations early. Seats 15 people at the sushi bar and it looks a little run down. it is in the same shopping complex as Taqueria Cruz all a short 5 minute walking distance.

Room Tip: Our room 737 had a bit of an ocean view. The opposite side of the hotel was looking towards a condo...
5 Thank traveltdot
Aloha and Mahalo for such a detailed review! We truly appreciate your feedback.. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your accommodations, however please keep in mind for future references our Suites do offer a much larger bathroom.

I am sorry that our Poolside did not quite meet your expectations nonetheless; I am glad that you were able to venture out into Kihei town and found some great restaurants. That is one of the great features about our hotel! We are centrally located right in the heart of Kihei, and either direction you'll find great dining, amazing beaches and of course fantastic shopping venues!

Thank you so much for commenting about our resort fees and sharing some of the amenities that are included in that! Don't forget it also includes Wireless Internet, Bottled Waters in your room and 2 Amazing Fitness centers, which I hope you were able to make use of as well!
We truly appreciate your business and would love another opportunity to host you once again on your next visit to Maui!
Newburgh
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2012

Didn't have long to stay (basically checked in at bedtime and out in early a.m. for excursion). Hotel lobby was beautiful and staff was friendly and helpful. We were upgraded to a junior suite, so we had way more room than needed for the night. The room was huge and had beautiful updated furnishings. The bathroom was extremely large and clean. Living space was as comfortable as being at home. I was actually bummed that we couldn't stay longer to enjoy the room and amenities the hotel had to offer. We didn't get a chance to check out the grounds or even the area where we were staying, but I would definitely book this hotel again if I were to return to the area.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank Natalie B
Aloha and Thank you for posting a review following your short visit with us! It delights me in knowing that you enjoyed your accommodations. We absolutey would love to have you stay with us again in the future and hopefully for a longer period!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kihei
Kaanapali Beach Hotel
Montage Kapalua Bay
#1 of 32 in Lahaina
Fairmont Kea Lani, Maui
Westin Maui Resort And Spa

Been to Maui Coast Hotel? Share your experiences!